Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to take some racing photos of our Nor Cal Novas (for the 2009 NorCal Nova Calendar).
Let me know when I can catch all you Nor-Cal Nova guys at the tracks.

Here are a few events coming up in Sac Raceway. Too bad the Grudge night is on the 4th of July... those are always awesome to go to.

Wed...1 Street Legal Fun Drags

Times: Pit Gates Open: 4:00pm , Racing 5:00pm-10:00pm

Admission: General Admission: $7

Racers: $15 (car and driver)

Fri...3 Test and Tune

All vehicles must pass a regular tech inspection. Vehicles quicker than 10 seconds will run single passes.

Times: Pit Gates Open: 10:00am. Testing 12:00pm-4:00pm and 6:00pm-10:00pm

Admission: General Admission: $10

Sat...4 Grudge Fest

Race your friends or just the clocks

Times: Pit Gates Open: 4:00pm , Racing 6:00pm-10:00pm

Admission: General Admission: $5

Racers: $35 (car and driver)

Let me know if any of you plan on racing in any of these events.

-IRIE Jay

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
s*** i need to move to nor cal :eek: you guys get to race all weekend long for cheap " MUST BE NICE " we get screwed down here in so cal :mad:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Irie there is a street car nitrous plate shootout happening on aug 1st at Sac some nice novas will be there come check it out.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I'm looking to take some racing photos of our Nor Cal Novas (for the 2009 NorCal Nova Calendar).

Here are a few events coming up in Sac Raceway. Too bad the Grudge night is on the 4th of July... those are always awesome to go to.

-IRIE Jay
i just passed out a bunch of flyers when i was out there last fri. watch out for weekend sanctioned events. pricing on admission changes, we found out the hard way last fri. luckilly the lady lets us (crew ) by a one day pass, which was only available on the site before fri. & then my buddy had to $40 to test & $45 admission.

ill hit next time i shoot up there.....

s*** i need to move to nor cal :eek: you guys get to race all weekend long for cheap " MUST BE NICE " we get screwed down here in so cal :mad:
we get what we pay for, this track is hit or miss. usually prepped bad, unless there's a big sanctioned event.

LIL JOHN

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I love how people complain about how bad Sac is. There are worse tracks believe me. We should be lucky that it's still there.:D

·
Registered
508 Posts
I love how people complain about how bad Sac is. There are worse tracks believe me. We should be lucky that it's still there.:D
a agree! and just think, if your car hooks at Sac then it will hook anywhere!:yes: with racing avail. 3 days a week its hard to complain. and as for last week they had an NHRA event going on is why is was so much. had nothing to do with the track it self. when there is NHRA involved they run the show period! most of the time its not the prep that kills the track, its the daily driver cars peeling the rubber off the starting line. when i go up i hope you can make it and get my car pulling the wheels !!:devil: that would be a great pic for FEB.:D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Last week was not an NHRA event, it was just a big bucks weekend. And yes, the track is hit or miss sometimes, but we should be glad it's still there. :yes: And yes, if you can hook up at Sac, you can hook up anywhere!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Last week was not an NHRA event, it was just a big bucks weekend. And yes, the track is hit or miss sometimes, but we should be glad it's still there. :yes: And yes, if you can hook up at Sac, you can hook up anywhere!
what was it? i was there and the NHRA people were there running the show. we couldnt get in for the regularly scheduled TNT because of it. they said we could run if we paid the $200.00 that it cost for the weekend. and $40 per head for spectating (for the weekend) but maybe i missed something or was dreaming!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
192 Posts
what was it? i was there and the NHRA people were there running the show. we couldnt get in for the regularly scheduled TNT because of it. they said we could run if we paid the $200.00 that it cost for the weekend. and $40 per head for spectating (for the weekend) but maybe i missed something or was dreaming!:rolleyes:
It was called the Western States ET Championship (a big bucks race). There weren't any NHRA officials there--the crew probably just had on those shirts. At the big bucks races such as this, the regular TNT is replaced with a TNT for those entered into the big bucks. So yes, they would have made you pay to enter the race, and then make you pay additional $ to run the TNT. The only NHRA event that Sac has this year was the National Open back in May. So unless you want to spend more than $50 for a TNT, don't go if it's the day before a big event (still to come are Fox Hunt and Governer's Cup for example) and save the trip for a regular day. Hope this made sense...it's late for me :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
It was called the Western States ET Championship (a big bucks race). There weren't any NHRA officials there--the crew probably just had on those shirts. At the big bucks races such as this, the regular TNT is replaced with a TNT for those entered into the big bucks. So yes, they would have made you pay to enter the race, and then make you pay additional $ to run the TNT. The only NHRA event that Sac has this year was the National Open back in May. So unless you want to spend more than $50 for a TNT, don't go if it's the day before a big event (still to come are Fox Hunt and Governer's Cup for example) and save the trip for a regular day. Hope this made sense...it's late for me :)
10-4 ha ha well i new it was something besides the track just over charging. we even looked on line before going up there and it said nothing about the tnt being replaced. still said normal tnt 6-10 pm. so we drove 3 hours for nothing. lol. oh well theres always another weekend. but now the heat is here!:(

·
Registered
192 Posts
10-4 ha ha well i new it was something besides the track just over charging. we even looked on line before going up there and it said nothing about the tnt being replaced. still said normal tnt 6-10 pm. so we drove 3 hours for nothing. lol. oh well theres always another weekend. but now the heat is here!:(
Well, I knew it was late for me, and I did forget something. The Fremont Reunion coming up is an NHRA event and it appears from the calendar on Sac's website that it will be the usual pay to enter the race and extra $ to test--just so you know :)

·
Registered
192 Posts

Let me know if any of you plan on racing in any of these events.

-IRIE Jay
I may be out there on Wednesday. If not Wednesday then probably Friday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts