Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! what's up I am from South San Diego. Got a great deal on this awesome 1972 Chevy Nova SS (clone) through craigslist on December...
The car was in great shape - except the it's missing the quarter panels and the right head was cracked.
I was able to fix the head :cool:, here is a pic of the Nova.

Any events happening around SD?

Peace!

·
Registered
675 Posts
How far South, because I think I'm the most south San Diego resident out here:rolleyes::yes::eek::(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! it still needs work. For some reason my car died today...was working perfectly this morning. Going to check it out first thing in the morning. :confused:

@SUPERNOVA - I am close to Mexico, I can see Tijuana from here! I am located in San Diego/San Ysidro, where are you located man?

·
Registered
608 Posts
welcome fellow 3rd gen owner. really nice car. i'm sure you'll have it going in no time. if you have a ? about something, you can find the anwsers here. good luck with your fix! OH YA, more pics.

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,875 Posts
Glad you are on the forum. Lookin' forward to your posts ! :thumbsup:

Aloha, Ric

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everyone is real cool here, and I will definitely ask questions.
I was planning to wash the car but rain already washed it for me haha!
talk to you later, if you live in San Diego watch out for people who don't know how to drive in rainy days.

peace!

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,875 Posts
Impossible, it never rains in California !!! :no: :no: :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome!

Nice Nova! I am just north of you by about an hour (Murrieta). I do however know of a great body guy that could help you out with the quarter panel when needed...he is in your neck of the woods and is super reasonable with pricing. Well welcome to SNS!:clap:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
:welcome::waving:TO SNS:yes:HAVE FUN,:beer::beer1::devil:AND GOOD LUCK:prost::thumbsup::chev:pLENTY OF KNOWLEDGE AND INFO. HERE, SO TAKE SOME AND LEAVE SOME

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a lot dudes, had some trouble with the car the other day, a bad fuse killed my battery. I pulled out the bad fuse & took the battery to autozone to get it charged and the Nova is running good now but my gauges are tripping out. The tach is going crazy and the rest are not working (except for the speedometer i works perfectly)...when I go on the freeway at high speeds they start working. Whaaat???? :confused:
I suck at electrical stuff I have no clue when it comes to situations like these.

Oh...it has a sb 350 / th400 automatic tranny.
I'll post some videos in a bit.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Nice Nova! I am just north of you by about an hour (Murrieta). I do however know of a great body guy that could help you out with the quarter panel when needed...he is in your neck of the woods and is super reasonable with pricing. Well welcome to SNS!:clap:
Do share, I will be in need of a body guy sometime in the future. Not sure how soon, but eventually it will get to that point.

And espektro, I'm not in San Ysidro, but if I walk down to the end of the block, I can see the ginormous mexican flag in TJ...:(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah @jmiller72 please share, my Nova looks nasty with out the quarter panels.

@SUPRNOVA hope to see you on the street man

Here is a video of my messed up gauges. Check it out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts