Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is M.J. and I currently own a 1973 Chevy Nova that is in pieces, when its back together I will post pic's. I am horrible at electrical work(especially on this car) and a friend directed me here and I'm hoping to eventually get some help. I used to own a 1970 Buick Skylark, but it was stolen out of my drive way last year while I was in my finals. With my insurance money I bought my nova. I love working on cars and have my whole life to the point I now go to school to design the interior of cars. I hope to meet/talk to everyone at some point and look forward to eventually using help here to finish my car over the next year or so. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hey its a good site to see another michigan guy. My 62 Nova is probly in worse state than yours ( since mine is total disasembled). If you have any questions feel free to ask anyone on the site. Trust me you will get a lot of help from these people I sure have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I am sure I will use this site more than my manuals. I've skimmed over some of the posts already and have learned more with those than I have reading in my books ha.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yup Ive done that to its a lot eaiser. :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, I'm not a big fan of electrical repair either, but these cars sure are simpler then todays!:eek::D

·
Premium Member
3,392 Posts
Welcome to SNS M.J. Wow, it's a pleasure to have Michael Jackson with us or is it Mr. Jones or Michael Jordon. Don't keep us in suspense. Anyway Lots of help for you here and some good laughs too.:devil::D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, it's mark jay technically~> I always been partial to magic johnson myself though. Most of the time I like to keep people guessing what the J stands for, they never believe when I tell them its actually J.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Wecome to sns from the land of funny weather and rusted cars! Yes i live here too. glad you could join, cant wait to see some pics of that 73', Im in warren, maybe ill see you around.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome, MJ. I'm lousy at wiring myself - that's why I had a son! ;) He completely rewired my '51 Chev truck, including the diesel I put in it, and the only problem was one bad bulb!

I'da had 13 miles of multi-colored spaghetti, wrapped around the steering column, if I'd had to do it by myself...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys sorry I haven't thanked you sooner for the intro's had my finals for school and was booked the past two weeks. Here's some info on my car that I can recall off hand.

1973 Chevy Nova
355(350 .30 Over)194/155 Heads,Edelbrock/Holley Intake/Carb,Lunati Cam-.480 Lift, 234 Duration Int/Exh., Keith Black Pistons(9.5-10.1:1),Pete Jackson Gear Drive, Trans Basic Stock Turbo 350
2500 Stall Converter, 10 Bolt Rear,Johnny Pittman Chassis, Yokohama rubber all the way around, 14 wheels in front, 16 in back.
And Way too much work still left!

I recently started the body work....needless to say it was in alot worse shape than I ever imagined when I bought it. The previous owner had basically the whole rear-end bondo'd to hell. Didn't learn that til I had had it soda blasted. Bought a new fiberglass hood from e-hardwood along with a spoiler. So the stock hood isn't on there anymore. Have to take some pic's of it soon now that I can roll it out. I am having a hell of a time find new dog ears( the pillars by the rear windows). I don't want to lead it but if i have to I'm going to probably within the next couple weeks if I have no luck. The interior I completely gutted and have everything new, mostly customed besides seats and new gauges/gauge bezel/stereo. The previous owner had cavalier seats in it so not sure yet whether I want to re-apholster it or just buy new seats altogether. But here are some picks before(red) and after I soda blasted my car. Thanks for the welcomes again guys and it is nice to see some really friendly people. Most people around me are very into "tuners" if you will ha....
Sorry there not the greatest pic, will have new ones up soon~> The black is from my sealer I used after I soda blasted it btw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts