Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
i got fios like 5 months ago and imo its pretty dam good dude i got the bundle thing the tv, internet and phone, i have the 10meg and its pretty fast man i use it for online gaming xbox and ps3 and i do download big files and they fly! :yes:

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I got it for the faster internet and lower price, but by the time I did a few upgrades, I spend about $270 a month for HD/DVR in one room-HD in another, standard def in one room, phone, and internet. Great picture quality, but the DVR does a lot of repeat recording, even though it's set to record only NEW episodes. Their tech is pretty worthless. They blame any issues with mistakes in the tv guide on the individual channels doing the broadcast, but you don't see the mistakes on Directv or cable, so they just don't know the answers. Fot Hot Rod TV the guide says "Follow Dave McClelland....."; How long has Dave been off the show? Drag Racing in the guide is usually wrong too-it'll say they are at one track, when it was probably the week after they raced that track. The DVR records EVERY time Pinks All Out comes on, no matter how old the show was. Have to delete a lot of stuff that should never have recorded in the first place. Everytime you call tech, you have to reset all the channels again.

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
we had everything through verizon like Mike and it was affordable b/c we were splitting it 5 ways.

Now that it is just my wife and I, I'm not really sure it's worth it. I wouldn't pay for FIOS unless you're uploading/downloading large files and gaming online.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've had it since Nov. last year and I like it. Don't like Verizon service cause it's the worst. But never had one problem with the internet (20d/1u). I did a lot of gaming (PS3) and not much downloading but a lot of web surfing and when i do download, you just can't beat it.
TV picture is great except for the TV box that went out a week old. Called them, the first rep. told me a would take a week for the new box:eek::mad: Talked to a supervisor, had a few words with him, got a new box four hours later and a long informative conversation with the service guy.
Don't have phone with Verizon, I use vongage, a little cheaper.
So if you're not worried about saving a penny, you'll like it. Just wish they had a better TV box, like Dish's Receiver.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
The phone part of mine is $71.99; Internet 20/5 is $52.99; and TV has a bunch of charges..$57.99..$25..$19.99..$9.99..$5.99..then the taxes and fees for this and that.........

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
I love it!

I have had it for about 2 years. I was one of the first ones in my neighborhood to get it after they tore up our streets. The first couple months there were a lot of issues, they swapped out my box three times. Finally got everything working and it is awesome! I have the home phone, internet, tv and two cell phones all bundled...total monthly cost is $250. Not bad in my book. Plus, every couple months they call and offer me free HBO & Cinemax for three months, I just have to remember to cancel on the 90th day otherwise they charge me for the 4th month.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I have Time Warner........

I still Play World Of Warcraft :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
I bundled with Verizon and am extremely happy. The computer speed is some thing that is worth the cost. I am happy!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I just wasted about an hour on their miserable site trying to add another hi def box; as usual the site won't work properly and it tried to give me 2 boxes. Since there is no way to remove items from the order, I tried their live chat to see if they could fix it--she suggested placing the order for both, then call and cancel one (ever try their phone system?) I asked why she couldn't just cancel one--You have to wait 24 hours for it to clear, then try again tomorrow! Every time I've tried to use their system, some part of it is "unavailable at this time, please try later" I HATE Verizon!
I'm gonna go kill something!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts