Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aligning the hood and front fenders. I bought a 1995 S-10 that needed at front right fender and inner wheel well replaced, a long with the hood and radiator support.
Now I can't seem to line the hood up in the fenders... any help?

Mark

PS I'll post pictures in a couple of hours...

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
It might have frame damage. Some thing else to look at is make sure you have the right rad. support. Hope this helps some.

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was frame damage... the fram shop tells me its already straightenned.
Pretty sure the radiator support is OK because 94 -99 ( could be a little of on those dates) were all the same sheet metal.

I'll take pictures over lunch to show you.

I can clsoe the hood but went it opens you can really teel how it pops over the the passenger side when that happens.. That's the side it got hit on.

Mark

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Could it be a hood spring or hinge problem? Maybe it needs adjusting?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Need pics.Does sheet metal line up now?sometimes you need to loosen core support and slide it over.While some cars are not symetrical i think the s-10 was.So do an x-measurement from the rear fender bolt to the front bolt and see if they measure the same should be pretty close if not,Check the frame first find hole that are the same and x-measure again.If the frame is ok but top is off you need to move core support over.If it got hit pass side towards drivers side loosen core sopport bolts(2)and slide to the right side.Sometimes you may need a big bar or friction jack.Good luck:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts