Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I installed Caltracs a while ago and thought that I adjusted them properly.

I had my neighbor (lighter than me) in the driver's seat and his wife in the passenger's seat (heavier than my girlfriend) for the final adjustment.

Now when driving the car the driver's side is quiet when I go over any bumps but the passenger side makes a clunking sound when i go over any bumps. It is more pronounced when she is not in the car.

Is something wrong here or do I just have to readjust again and close the gap some more?

Thanks for any help! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts
Hi All,

I installed Caltracs a while ago and thought that I adjusted them properly.

I had my neighbor (lighter than me) in the driver's seat and his wife in the passenger's seat (heavier than my girlfriend) for the final adjustment.

Now when driving the car the driver's side is quiet when I go over any bumps but the passenger side makes a clunking sound when i go over any bumps. It is more pronounced when she is not in the car.

Is something wrong here or do I just have to readjust again and close the gap some more?

Thanks for any help! :rolleyes:
Are bars set most parallel to ground?
I think with you in car you should tighten bars to "one flat" but I think both my Novak caltracs make SOME noise. :eek:

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
remove the bolt above the leaf and cut lengths of heater hose and slide over the bolt...
it'll prevent the clatter from normal everyday street driving.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Simple fix, thanks Flyer, won't if affect the operaton though? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i doubt it. the hose is, what, 3/16" think or so? put the pressure on the suspension and the hose will compress but only so far... acts like a little cushion to the hit. it'll thud, not clank...

i had CT's on my '64 for about a year with the hoses installed from the beginning... took 'em off a couple years back, hoses are still on 'em today. they look a teeny bit compressed/flattened on the spring side. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts
remove the bolt above the leaf and cut lengths of heater hose and slide over the bolt...
it'll prevent the clatter from normal everyday street driving.
So that's where the noise is coming from?!
I will have to try this!
Thanks x2!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again Flyer, will have to try that! :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts