Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bryan,
Are they going to have a time only lane at the Fontana asscociation races in July? If yes, how many passes do you usually get to sneak in?
Brian

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Hey Brian,

There is almost always a time only lane at all the Socal association races. I usually get 3-4 runs in a day. When are you thinking about going?

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Bryan,
The race is scheduled for July 1st and 2nd. They are running "Street" on Saturday and "Gas" on Sunday. I heard last race, they ran short on time because they have no lights yet. I guess they only were getting 2 time shots before first round. Super "E" and Super Comp are both racing that weekend too. Are you and Dad going? I need to get some new time slips for the 70. I was going to go to Vegas for the PSCA race next weekend, but I don't think it is going to happen.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
My Dad and I might go to watch, but we arent racing. He had some medical problems a couple weeks ago that forced him to take a break from racing for a bit.

Ill talk to him on Sunday and see if he's up to going. When is the last time you raced the 70?

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last November. Got my license runs in, and haven't gotten to go since. Did some stuff with the 70 and need some time slips to go with them. Hope your Dad is feeling better and hope catch up with you out there or maybe Irwindale before then.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Craig,
New hood, bigger carb, and another 100 shot of NOS. Car Craft shot it Monday, and I am trying to have some updated timeslpis for the article. Hope to have an 8 second slip.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
blown67 said:
Hey Craig,
New hood, bigger carb, and another 100 shot of NOS. Car Craft shot it Monday, and I am trying to have some updated timeslpis for the article. Hope to have an 8 second slip.
Sounds good Brian.......I finally got mine wired. Hope to be firing it up in the next couple of weeks.

Craig

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mark,
Mr. Missing In Action....... What's been up?
Craig,
Is your car in Fontana now? Might have to come visit you next time I am out that way.......
Brian

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
blown67 said:
Mark,
Mr. Missing In Action....... What's been up?
Craig,
Is your car in Fontana now? Might have to come visit you next time I am out that way.......
Brian
No it is still at Mike's shop. Having the window net put it, panel installed for all the iginition stuff, and relocating the regulator off the firewall. Then I need to get a carpet made (know anyone good, fast, and affordable?) and it will be ready to rock and roll!

Craig

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When do you work on it at Mike's? I have found MOST interior guys are either, fast, affordable, or good. None at the same time....

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
blown67 said:
When do you work on it at Mike's? I have found MOST interior guys are either, fast, affordable, or good. None at the same time....
Weekends.....it's a very slow process! I hear you on the interior guys. The good news is all the stuff I mentioned above is done. With any luck, final bolt check will be done, fluids installed, final wiring check complete, and it will be fired up very shortly.

Brian.....can HRP get me a set of Hellfire rings for the 434? I need a 4.155 bore with an .043" top ring, 1/16" 2nd ring, and oil rings. I'm having trouble getting a set. Everyone wants to sell me the 1/16, 1/16 set and the 0.043 top ring separately. Let me know if you know someone there who can help.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
576 Posts
CraigT said:
No it is still at Mike's shop. Having the window net put it, panel installed for all the iginition stuff, and relocating the regulator off the firewall. Then I need to get a carpet made (know anyone good, fast, and affordable?) and it will be ready to rock and roll!

Craig
Very reasonable and fast. Not trophy winning show quality leather but decent, fast and on a good budget. Garza Auto Upholstery in La Puente 626-333-7214. Didn't want to leave my car over night so this is what I arranged with them.
Took my car in the morning with the driver seat only and picked it up that night with headliner and carpet. I brought back my driver seat along with all the other misc to their shop the next day. Then in about a week I brought the car back in the AM and they installed all the seats, door panels and finished the head liner trim.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
blown67 said:
Craig,
I'll ask Mark @ Hot Rod Performance. Did you ask Rick Snavely?
Thanks Brian.....I talked to Rick at Fontana. I need to call him to find out what clearance he ran on the rings. He said he used tool steel. I heard a lot of good things about the Hellfires and was going to try them. Let me know what Mark says.

Who is building the Griffith/Lenore Camaro and what's going in it? I heard HRP bought it.

Craig

1 - 16 of 16 Posts