Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1964 nova it has 5 lug front and rear axles, the rear axle looks like a standard chevy 10 bolt. from center to stud to center, they measure 4.5" the aluminum centerlines that came with the car when i bought it fit but for some reason the back wheels have been drilled, i have no idea how these wheels are supposed to center themself with the holes widened. I want some standard steal wheels for the winter but i can not find anything that will fit this bolt pattern, ive tried s10 wheels, old small pattern chrysler(closest match but to small), ford, and trailer wheels.. I can NOT get a wheel to fit these axles.. they have not been redrilled from 4 lugs to 5, so I have no clue.. please help

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
The wheels sound to me like they are a UNI LUG design Post some pics. If they are a uni lug they need washers on the lugs to fit correctly!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know there was a metric and non metric? where would i find a non metric? is my 1980 camaro wheels old enough? and somebody said to me they might be unilugs.. it still doesnt explain why the backs are drilled out and the fronts fit perfectley.. the fronts fit on the back fine so idk about that part.. can somebody enlighten me more on this "unilug" thing???

·
Registered
626 Posts
Far as I know ford uses the 4.5 bolt pattern....chevy is 4.75 ...hope this helps u out some

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
If it's a 4.5" bolt pattern is it possible you have a Mustang rear end in back? I believe that Ford uses the 4.5" pattern on Mustangs, and the 8.8, or variants have the rear pan to access gears.

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
5 lug is measured from center of stud to outside of the third stud. All even numbered lugs are measured center to center.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Maybe you can post a few pic of the rear end, it might help us ID what you have. Either someone has changed the axles (if it's a GM rear) or you don't have a GM rear diff.
Don

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no clue how to post pics, i took some. I could post them on facebook or something... its defiantly a chevy rearend, it says gm on it. the rear wheel holes are kinda oval shaped. the fronts are not, they have sunkin tapered holes.. the backs are flush but oval shaped towards the center.

·
Registered
753 Posts
All you need to do is measure the rear studs and you will know what bolt pattern you need on the rear instead of guessing.

Described perfectly above on how to do it.

Are you trying to buy new wheels to fit the rear end or are you concerned about the wheels that are on there now?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the front and rear bolt pattern are the same. i just want to know what factory car wheels will fit it. also if i need to order drums what do i tell them?? and i did measure it. from center of stud to centre of stud is 4.5" 5 lug.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I called a junk yard they said 67-75 camaro, 60's buick special, and some 60-70 oldsmobile should fit.. I found 1 wheel that will fit, its stamped 14X6 unistyle 813c
Im off to the junk yard to find some wheels... im bringing an axle with me.. -.-

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
5 lug is measured from center of stud to outside of the third stud. All even numbered lugs are measured center to center.
the front and rear bolt pattern are the same. i just want to know what factory car wheels will fit it. also if i need to order drums what do i tell them?? and i did measure it. from center of stud to centre of stud is 4.5" 5 lug.
Again, 5 lug is measured from center of stud to outside of the third stud, not center to center unless it is 4,6 or 8 lug

1 - 20 of 25 Posts