Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got what I consider to be an odd problem with the lights on the driver side. The brake lights and turn signals work fine when the light switch is off, but I found out last night that when I turn the lights on, things get weird. With the light switch on, only on the driver side, the headlight goes very dim, the front side marker goes off, and neither the front or back turn signal works. The brake lights seem to be fine. Also, I get a warning indicator in the dashboard for a turn signal being out. There is no clicking or flashing in the dashboard to indicate anything is trying to work. Turn the lights off, and everything is back to working fine.

I just discovered this last night, so I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot yet. My first guess is a bad connection or missing ground wire. Anyone have some pointers on the likely cause?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a ground issue.

You could probably do some tests with some jumper wires with alligator clip ends.

Jim
You are correct. The custom shop that did my electrical work had a bad crimp on a ring terminal. The wire had slipped out and was hanging loose. I can only guess that it was making marginal contact up until this point because I hadn't noticed the problem before.

Problem solved. Thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts