Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
13,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember this one from a few years ago? Originally a 1966 Nova six cylinder sport coupe made into a roadster
by cutting the top off. Limited market for this one.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
3,895 Posts
Gotta wonder what was done underneath to keep it all together. Clearly wasn't done on a '62 or '63 convertible base, and after visiting the site, I'm not sure the long subframe connectors/bracing/mods will be enough. Add to that a healthy small block and some bigger, stickier rubber, and this car could evidence some strain pretty quickly absent any other body strengthening mods. Special buyer indeed.

·
13,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the asking price says it all. There have been some incredibly well built convertible conversions done over the years. If this was one of them, the price would be 3 times what it is.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,016 Posts
That one doesn't even come with a top! Our local weathermen can't get the weather right so how are you going to know when it would be safe to take it for a drive if you can't out the top up if it starts raining.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The only thing that would save that car is to find a wreck with a good roof and weld it back on.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Since the first time I saw this car, I've thought that a tonneau cover would solve many of it's shortcomings. Face it - this is a toy - a parade/go-for-ice-cream set of wheels that will live in the garage 99% of the time. If you can afford such a trinket, a few-hundred-bucks for a custom tonneau cover shouldn't be out-of-reach. I have one that came with my Triumph TR-4A and I use it when I'm going to be driving with the top down and rain is in the forecast. I can zip up the cover and leave the car parked outside without worrying about the seats getting wet while I'm gone. As a plus, I don't have to be concerned about someone vandalizing my (expensive) convertible top!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts