Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am looking at a 69 Nova with no title.

There has been a bit of back and forth with this car, hopefully I manage to land it.

It has no title!

I want to run the vin#

My questions are simple. I understand that in Georgia I can register this car with just a bill of sale. Is that the case or is there more to that?

My other question is what is the best way to run this vin#, is that even a thing with these older cars?

This will be the first car I look at, will I see a vin# in the dash?

Thanks guys for your help.

:prost:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Title

Hi Vehicles didn't have titles until 1973. The Registration is your title and should be transferable. Check the back.Do you have the Registration? The best way to answer all states are different call the Georgia DMV and ask them proper procedure. The VIN is on the top of the dashboard drivers side. Google a request for 1969 Nova VIN decoder. The web site will be there it will also help you decode the cowl tag witch will give you all the option info you most likely are looking for.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I have not seen the car yet. I just messaged the guy on Facebook waiting for him to get back to me.

My concern of theft is limited. It's more like any other issue that may stop it from being registered.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Please make sure it's a legit ad...a lot of fake stuff out there. how was your payment set up? I almost got screwed twice by fraudulant ads

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not convinced it's a real add. I'm just hoping it is mostly because it is a local car.

I messaged the guy that I want to look at the car first. He gets paid when I'm taking the car home.

Thanks for looking out though.

I'm in no rush to get a car, it will be at least 6 months before I can start the project. I just stumbled on this listing, if I come up with something great. If not oh well.

I just don't want to get stuck with a car that I can't do anything with.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you are going to see it first . Look for rust on the frame, lines, open the trunk and look at where the bottom of the back window at look for soft spot or evidence of pair especially if it has a vinal top also in the trunk look at the inner fender where it meets the trunk lower fenders for rot etc... Good Luck! Let me know how you do. Take a small magnet to see how thick if any bondo was used.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update.

The guy never returned my message to come see the car.

I did get a hit on a '72 Buick Skylark. My wife wanted a Chevelle over a Nova. I personally like the Nova a bit more.

We want a four door, so the local selection is slim.

Is there a Chevelle version of this forum?

·
Registered
178 Posts
69 nova

I told you it was a scam! If it's to good to be true it usually is. So the search continues. Good luck! I'm sure if you goggle Chevelle forums something will come up Buicks are nice I worked on a lot of them back in the day. Great cars just parts are not as available like the chevelles. Because of not being as popular parts mainly body chrome etc.. Are usually more money. Strong torquey motors not a high revving motor like a chevy

·
Registered
34 Posts
1972 Nova 4 door

Mromaus, if you are still looking for a 72 4 door I have one that we are selling. Send me an email address and I will send pics and details. I’m located in middle TN. What part of GA are you I’m?

Tnang

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will check that out.

I ended up buying that Buick.

I have been doing piles of research.

Drive trains, suspension, brakes and interior.

All of that stuff that will blow my budget out of the water.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if this will help at all at this point but, for older cars without a title in GA its not a problem. You just need a Bill of Sale (form t-7) and have an officer perform a VIN check (form t-22). In Cobb county you have to go to the station on a certain day (my local office was Thursday I believe) if you can drive your car. If you can't drive the car you have to set up an appointment for an officer to stop by and perform a VIN verification (form t-22). Its pretty easy, from there take the info to the DMV and get it registered!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It turns out this car came with a title.

It was a Nova I was looking at that did not. I don't know if that car is a scam or not, but I still see it posted on facebook market place.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts