Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track this weekend and had a weird thing happen. I had changed my plugs and wires before I left and the car seemed to be running fine, got to the track ran a few and it was way off the normal times. Found out #1 wouldn't fire, All other cylinders were getting hot but #1 wouldn't. The plug had never fired since changing them.

We changed the plug wire from number 2 and it still wouldn't. Today I ohmed out the cap per a few people to see if the cap was broken between the post and the inside, was fine. ohmed out the wires compared to another of around same link, nothing. ohmed the plug compared to a new one and also a different old one, nothing. All numbers from everything ohmed were almost the same.

I cleaned the cap and checked for burn marks and didn't find anything weird in it, but I still can't figure out why I never got any fire to cylinder #1..

I haven't cranked it since I changed the plug tonight and ohmed everything out but what could cause one cylinder not to fire???

Any ideas????

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I know exactly which distributor your talking about....
mine lasted about a week before it leaked oil up the shaft and coated the inside of my distributor cap.
This was after I found the rotor tooth had broken off causing the rotor to slip/rotate on the shaft.......s#*tcan that thing, you can have mine for parts if you really want to keep it.
I got that ignition package from Skip and the coil was bad right out of the box He
stepped up and replaced it.
Seriously look at the pickup reluctor wheel and see if the gap between the pickup coil and all 8 teeth are the same.
I have a Mallory Unilite if your interested.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know exactly which distributor your talking about....
mine lasted about a week before it leaked oil up the shaft and coated the inside of my distributor cap.
This was after I found the rotor tooth had broken off causing the rotor to slip/rotate on the shaft.......s#*tcan that thing, you can have mine for parts if you really want to keep it.
I got that ignition package from Skip and the coil was bad right out of the box He
stepped up and replaced it.
Seriously look at the pickup reluctor wheel and see if the gap between the pickup coil and all 8 teeth are the same.
I have a Mallory Unilite if your interested.
well that explains all the damn oil now for sure..I will just get rid of the thing then..Other sites I went to had very good things to say but I guess they weren't used ver much yet.....thanks!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts