Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title states my car wont start. Replaced the coil ad the module ad it still wont start distributor does get power but wont produce spark any ideas guys?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Distributor rotates switched to a newer rotor forms friends old distributor still nothing only thing I haven't changed is the cap and the resistor

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
if its a GM hei,check the wires that plug into module,they used to break near the conector and easily overlooked.check them closely:yes:check wires going to pickup also.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you have 12 volts to your red + wire with the key on, you have made sure the rotor is spinning while cranking the engine over, and you have replaced everything but the pick-up. It's the pick-up. You have to pull the distributor, remover the roll pin holding the gear in place, pull the gear, and remover the shaft. You can then replace it. There is nothing else it can be unless the parts you replaced are defective or installed wrong.

·
Registered
567 Posts
mine was doing this last week… i still have no spark. replaced the entire distributor unit and still nothing. im getting 12V to and from the key, into the DIST BAT terminal and my rotor is spinning but… still no start.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You can plug the 12v into the distributor assembly + side not tach side and spin the gear by hand and it will spark. If it's not then it's either the coil, pickup, rotor, cap, or module that's bad. GM HEI is self contained so its something bad in the distributor if you get no spark with a full 12volts.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
You can plug the 12v into the distributor assembly + side not tach side and spin the gear by hand and it will spark. If it's not then it's either the coil, pickup, rotor, cap, or module that's bad. GM HEI is self contained so its something bad in the distributor if you get no spark with a full 12volts.
Key words must have 12volts or more!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts