Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....Tell me it ain't so Ma !....I have looked everywhere and can't find where either Topeka or Denver is on the schedule for "ALL OUT" this summer ?????
Maybe somebody can set me straight.....did I miss something here ?

MAN....just our luck....anyplace else is just too far for us to go.....I guess thats the price we pay for living in the middle of freaking no where......

Oh well maybe next year ???

Randy:(

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
http://www.armdroplive.com/schedule.php

The tentative list of scheduled Armdrop Racing and PINKS™ events. PINKS™ events are in red. Armdrop Racing event dates are subject to change.

Event registration handled by the host track.

January July
2-3 3-4 Woodburn Dragstrip – Woodburn, OR*
9-10 10-11 US 131 Motorsports Park – Martin, MI
16-17 17-18
23-24 Puerto Rico International Speedway – Salinas, PR* 24-25 Texas Raceway - Kennedale, TX*
30-31 Palm Beach International Raceway – Jupiter, FL* 31-1 Maple Grove Raceway – Mohnton, PA*
February August
6-7 7-8 Milan Dragway, Milan, MI
13-14 Houston Motorsports Park – Houston, TX* 14-15 Pacific Raceways – Kent, WA
20-21 21-22
27-28 No Problem Raceway – Belle Rose, LA 28-29 Bandimere Speedway – Morrison, CO*
March September
6-7 4-5 Cedar Falls Raceway - Cedar Falls, IA*
13-14 Mobile Dragway – Irvington, AL* 11-12 Autoclub Famoso Raceway – Bakersfield, CA
20-21 Texas Motorplex - Ennis, TX 18-19 Bristol Dragway – Bristol, TN*
27-28 25-26
April October
3-4 Darlington Dragway - Hartsville, SC* 2-3 Richmond Dragway – Sandston, VA*
11 Bike Night - Texas Raceway - Kennedale, TX* 9-10 Heartland Park Topeka – Topeka, KS*
17-18 16-17 Tulsa Raceway Park – Tulsa, OK*
24-25 Z-Max Dragway - Concord, NC 23-24
30-31
May November
1-2 Atco Raceway - Atco, NJ* 6-7 Houston Motorsports Park – Houston, TX*
8-9 Memphis Motorsports Park - Memphis, TN 13-14 Rockingham Dragway – Rockingham, NC*
15-16 Area 51 Dragway - Roswell, NM* 20-21
22-23 Firebird Raceway – Boise, ID* 27-28
29-30 O’Reilly Raceway Park - Indianapolis, IN
June December
5-6 Toronto Motorsports Park – Cayuga, Ontario* 4-5 Firebird International Raceway - Chandler, AZ
12-13 11-12
19-20 Maryland International Raceway – Mechanicsville, MD 18-19
26-27 Yellowstone Drag Strip - Acton, MT* 25-26

*Contracts are pending. For detailed information please contact the track.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
May be a blessing in disguise that it's not coming your way. The guy that runs my local speedshop here in Indy is heavy into the drag scene here at ORP (O'Reily Raceway Park - Indianapolis Raceway Park) and I guess the whole "Pinks" situation here in Indy is just a big mess.

All the local drag guys here in the area are all up in arms about it - how the track handled the participation rules, the number of practice runs versus time trials, tech-in, etc. Several guys I heard just got ticked at the way it was handled and just loaded back onto the trailers and pulled out.

Don't pin me down on details - just what I heard and I wasn't there personally. I'm just an interested spectator myself, but I am sympathetic because I know several guys who were really stoked about it coming to Indy, and now they're basically boycotting the thing in protest for the way it was run. I know an event like this brings in lots and lots of cars, but you'd think they would be super-organized about how they go about selecting the participants, it's not like this is their first rodeo.

J

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
JDL,

I STAND CORRECTED......and

Thanks for the link.....the only place I had thought to look was on the SPEED TV website thru the Pinks All Out link and the schedule they have posted there has nothing like this.

Thanks Again.

Randy.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
May be a blessing in disguise that it's not coming your way. The guy that runs my local speedshop here in Indy is heavy into the drag scene here at ORP (O'Reily Raceway Park - Indianapolis Raceway Park) and I guess the whole "Pinks" situation here in Indy is just a big mess.

All the local drag guys here in the area are all up in arms about it - how the track handled the participation rules, the number of practice runs versus time trials, tech-in, etc. Several guys I heard just got ticked at the way it was handled and just loaded back onto the trailers and pulled out.

Don't pin me down on details - just what I heard and I wasn't there personally. I'm just an interested spectator myself, but I am sympathetic because I know several guys who were really stoked about it coming to Indy, and now they're basically boycotting the thing in protest for the way it was run. I know an event like this brings in lots and lots of cars, but you'd think they would be super-organized about how they go about selecting the participants, it's not like this is their first rodeo.

J
Yeah..... I have heard some of the same stuff from some real good friends who live near there and race at ORP/IRP a lot......(they are at Muncie this weekend I think)......but in Rich and his buddies defense

If it's one thing my few years of experience have taught me is when ever you get more than.... sometimes even a handful of Guys that race in the same room there is going to be a HUGE difference of opinion.....and although we didn't get to attend either of the "All Out" event's held last year at both Heartland Park, Topeka and at Bandimere, Denver (Morrison) everyone of the guys that we know personally who WERE there and got to participate said they had a great time and would and will do it again if they get the chance, but here again that is what "They" said....we didn't actually get to experience it even as spectators.....and I know from past experience that no matter what or how well you do or don't do something... somebody is gonna be unhappy with the way it went down......all I can say is if we get even half a chance to go and compete you can bet I will load the SS on the Trailer and get in line to put my money where my mouth is and we will throw down our best effort and let the chips fall where they may....... besides I really like the whole "IF YOU LIFT YOU LOOSE" thing......since.....ahem...cough... I ...ah..... seem to have just a...ah.. teenie tiny problem with lifting my right foot! :eek: :rolleyes:......it's a medical thing.....really it is

Randy.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
i went to the pinks all out at bandimere last year and i had to say it was a good experiance the track prep there is first class and the track people there are very dedicated i didnt make the show because the car was a tad slow wasnt use to the hole altitude change but it was still fun if it came out to bandimere again i would do it again gives me time to hang out with my family and friends that live in colorado. the only thing i didnt like is how the show is dragged out so long but i understand what there trying to do and its great basically there street racing on a drag strip just you need to bring your a game with you :yes:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i went to the pinks all out at bandimere last year and i had to say it was a good experiance the track prep there is first class and the track people there are very dedicated i didnt make the show because the car was a tad slow wasnt use to the hole altitude change but it was still fun if it came out to bandimere again i would do it again gives me time to hang out with my family and friends that live in colorado. the only thing i didnt like is how the show is dragged out so long but i understand what there trying to do and its great basically there street racing on a drag strip just you need to bring your a game with you :yes:

YEAH....BUDDY...:thumbsup:

Another of my favorite sayings is " Bring your A game and GO BIG or ....go home".....maybe thats why I wind up going home so much :confused:

We used to......(back in the day,...Denver was the first place I ever had a major mechanical failure.....I completely detonated my stock 12 bolt in my Super Street Stock Eliminator Camaro....what a mess and how embarrassing...)..... go to Denver at least 3 times a year and you are quite right the altitude did take some getting used to but the Track and Staff was absolutely top shelf and first rate....its not unlike the "Other" Thunder Valley at Bristol for being very unique....

Randy.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Rich from PINKS... WILL be at heartland park oct 10-12

I just got off the phone with a event rep for Heartland Park raceway here in Topeka and Rich is currently expected to be here October 10-12 2009,It will not be a pinks but the new armdrop live drags he has going on this year,I hope some of you guys can make it down..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts