Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 64 chevyII I have blinkers but no brake lights or tailights had to replace my old bulb sockets and I think that is my problem . I have power back to the sockets but they do not light up, put a new headlight switch in also. need help this is driving me crazy

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ok, does the test light light up when you hit the brakes? on the other terminal does it light up when the parking lights are on? If the answer is yes you have a ground problem. If it doesn't light up when you step on the brakes then it is more than likely a brake switch or turn signal switch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I will try the turn signal switch ,allready replaced the brake switch. I am not sure but sometimes my test light will lite when you touch the brakes but I never get taillights when the parking lites are on

·
Registered
968 Posts
Ok, does the test light light up when you hit the brakes? on the other terminal does it light up when the parking lights are on? If the answer is yes you have a ground problem. If it doesn't light up when you step on the brakes then it is more than likely a brake switch or turn signal switch.
I agree with RRoberts on the ground issue.Make sure you have a good clean contact with the bulb socket and tail light bezel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts