Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
63 nova everything was working,now no brake or tail lights. turns work fuses were good. showed continuity. haven't done anything to wiring. im electrical challenged need help

·
Registered
409 Posts
It may be in the turn signal I had a repo turn signal switch in my 63 and had nothing but problems with tail, brake and turn signal lights. I found a new old stock turn signal switch and I also ran a 10 gauge dedicated ground from the battery to the sheet metal at the back of the car and have had no issues since Good Luck!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I ran a hot wire to the orange wire in the light switch and got brake and tail lights. So I'm not getting anything from the fuse box I guess. The wiring diagram has to orange wire from fuse block. All my fuses showed juice when I put test light on them

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi that orange wire is powered by the headlight switch witch also powers your brake lights The power should come from the horn relay to the headlight switch. So check if you have continuity from horn relay to headlight switch (red wire)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The red wire at the headlight switch has power. Does the power come in to the headlight switch through red wire and that powers the orange wire?

·
6,591 Posts
Maybe look at some of the diagrams I have.

I wonder if even though you may be showing power with a test light that the power may not be continuing on into a fuse clip due to where what points you are actually testing at or maybe the test light is not drawing near the power that the actual lights are drawing on the car and power is being lost from the higher amperage demands due to poor connections ?.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157666264248629/with/26594905849/

Jim

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got the 63 schematics jim, just not sure where the orange getting power from. I'm assuming tailght fuse or brake light fuse. I hate wiring.

·
Registered
214 Posts
i sent you a pm on this earlier today jim has a great diagram on this thread the power comes in to the fuse then out to the orange wire and goes through the signal and brake switch to power them up thats why i asked if you had checked the connector on the coloum to be burnt or loose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts