Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of beautiful and fast Novas in the group of competitors at Bradenton yesterday. A brutal headwind made things a real challenge. I lost the 12.00 index by one hundredth = yuk. Ran 12.10, 12.11, and 12.07 for a 12.09 average to be beaten by a 12.08.....sheeesh. For us little guys, here are the complete results:
http://www.nmcadigital.com/forums/showthread.php?p=48068#post48068

Not sure what will happen to the big guys today since the rain has replaced the wind.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Lots of beautiful and fast Novas in the group of competitors at Bradenton yesterday. A brutal headwind made things a real challenge. I lost the 12.00 index by one hundredth = yuk. Ran 12.10, 12.11, and 12.07 for a 12.09 average to be beaten by a 12.08.....sheeesh. For us little guys, here are the complete results:
http://www.nmcadigital.com/forums/showthread.php?p=48068#post48068

Not sure what will happen to the big guys today since the rain has replaced the wind.
wow, thats close. sorry. but it seems like your car is dead consistent. can you share your setup ? thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It's usually dead consistent at 11.75, but the index was 12.00 and we had a huge headwind all day.
I have an all steel 63 with a Glasstek hood, GMPP 454/425 all iron engine, T350 trans, 12 bolt posi with 3.08 gears, MT ET Street Radials, Caltracs, and a CA Chassiworks front end. I drive it a bunch and it's 120 miles rt to track each day. Engine runs like a stock since it essentially is one...has about 7000 miles on it now and I have never adjusted the valves and only changed plugs twice. Simple is good!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Derek ... congrats on your 11 sec win! I'm sure that 13.09 wasn't planned but I guess it worked out OK ... my guess is you'd rather have had the 10 sec win but a wins a win :)

I talked to Jason briefly in the lanes ... was very impressed with both of your cars. I'm acquiring a '70 Nova soon & was going to do a back half setup but after seeing how well your cars work with the mono leaf setup, I'm gonna copycat & use the extra $$$ on the tranny & motor.

I'm relocating to the Gainesville area (30 acres in Bell .... planning a BIIIGGG garage) in the near future so I hope to run into you guys.

Mark

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mark,

Thanks, and yes I didn't plan to forget the nitrous arm on the second run! :mad: But with a bunch of conditions I've never seen before in my 17 years of racing and my first True Street event, my brain didn't work. But I'll take luck in racing ANYDAY!

Good luck with your new project, just ask Jason and I and we'll get you pointed in the right direction. Going fast on small tires is fun!

Marc,

I agree, and it was a great experience! I have been looking forward to trying the class after giving the Nost. Muscle car class a try back in 2005. I'm sure you are gearing up for your stab this year, will you be in Maple Grove? If so maybe I'll get a break from working to come check out your ride.

Derek

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm trying to get it sorted out but Saturday didn't go to well. We will be back this weekend to test and hope to be at Bowling Green in 3 weeks and yes we will be at Maple Grove. Too close to miss. If you get to either stop by and introduce yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts