Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I aloud to make a pass down the strip in nj if I am 17 and have a provisional license

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Am I aloud to make a pass down the strip in nj if I am 17 and have a provisional license
Yes you can, you have to be accompanied by an adult with a drivers license or parent/guardian in the staging lanes and you can not run any faster than a 12.50.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
is it good that this kid is learning to drag race before actually driving? think about it. if he's done jr. dragsters that would make sense, but going straight to the track? at least it's legal and in the least dangerous environment.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I went 11.40s at age 17 with a regular license, nobody said anything.

You can technically go 10.00, but NHRA High School class is regulated to no faster than 12.00..

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
At Englishtown by me , my friends son went through the same thing when he was 17 and when we took him to the track to test out his El-camino he was monitored by the track staff to run a 12.00 or better, we had to put a throttle stop on the car until he was allowed to run quicker than a 12.0 now he's 18 and the stop came off and he's running 11.20's :D

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Ok, what's a QQ plate?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
you have to be 25 to drive a car with qq plates in new jersey
WOW! You guys have an age requirement on driving with antique plates? Another reason I'm glad I didn't grow up in NJ. I know alot of classic car insurance companies have these requirements, but the state itself does?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
WOW! You guys have an age requirement on driving with antique plates? Another reason I'm glad I didn't grow up in NJ. I know alot of classic car insurance companies have these requirements, but the state itself does?
No, you have to be 21 in order to register it as a historic in nj but most insurance companies have age stipulations, which also may include no drag racing:yes: and must keep the car in a locked garage. Oh yeah and by the way I hate NJ:yes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, you have to be 21 in order to register it as a historic in nj but most insurance companies have age stipulations, which also may include no drag racing:yes: and must keep the car in a locked garage. Oh yeah and by the way I hate NJ:yes:

when i called the dmv in trenton they said that you had to be 25 in order to drive with qq plates. and what is so wrong with nj. if you dont like the driving restrictions with qq plates register it as a regular car. the insurance is not that much more expensive

1 - 14 of 14 Posts