Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry guys don't what I did not to get question on photo page. Anyway here's the question: I can activate my system minus the nitrous just gas and the fuel pressure drops off to 5-5.5 lbs. and the solenoids just click. I know whats happening is the fuel cut-off switch is doing it. I thought the my fuel pump would handle the extra line to the fuel solenoid. Look a the picture and I used a 1/8" to -04 90 deg. elbow to supply fuel to the solenoid does that look like it would be ok.
If thats ok do you think I will have to upgrade my fuel pump. Know I'm running a Holley 110gph (free flow) pump and the pre-set shut-off is 6.5-8psi. I thinking that I will need to go to the Holley 130gph+ pump (free flow) at 7.5-9psi. pump with a regulator.
**Or better yet what do you nitrous guys or anybody else recommend or do you think there is a problem in the system (wiring). I pre-tested everything and it seemed to work OK.
**This crossed my mind also if no nitrous is being injected into the plate at the same time as fuel would that cause the fuel to be unrestricted and pres. would drop off alot were as if nitrous is going into the plate and fuel there would be a restriction against the fuel causing it to hold more pressure.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
**This crossed my mind also if no nitrous is being injected into the plate at the same time as fuel would that cause the fuel to be unrestricted and pres. would drop off alot were as if nitrous is going into the plate and fuel there would be a restriction against the fuel causing it to hold more pressure.[/QUOTE]

im not sure i completely understand this statement but, the bars in the plate are separate. one bar is for fuel and the other bar is for the nitrous. so there would not be any pressure differances in the fuel.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
the way that you plumbed the fuel side of the system is OK, it will work fine. personally (im no expert by any means), i would have used a Y ftting before using a T or the gauge type fitting though. a Y fitting will outflow the others. last season i used a holley blue pump (110 gph) to feed the carb and the plate, but both the carb and the fuel solenoid had its own regulator. fuel pressure and timing is the key to getting a nitrous system to make power and protect the motor as well. hope this helps a little.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
jacobgiles said:
the way that you plumbed the fuel side of the system is OK, it will work fine. personally (im no expert by any means), i would have used a Y ftting before using a T or the gauge type fitting though. a Y fitting will outflow the others. last season i used a holley blue pump (110 gph) to feed the carb and the plate, but both the carb and the fuel solenoid had its own regulator. fuel pressure and timing is the key to getting a nitrous system to make power and protect the motor as well. hope this helps a little.
This is pretty much the same as my new setup :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I sent you guys a couple of PM's. Jacobgiles I wasn't sure if it had 2 bars or not so that eliminates that idea. I just couldn't believe the fuel gauge would drop that guick from 6.5 to 5-5.5 psi. I dont what to hurt the motor either so I just what everything to be right. And like I said before the solenoids where clicking on and off because of the fuel pressure being low and I thought maybe I needed a different pump something with more pressure. Was you alls pumps electric. I found the Y fitting you'll are talking about after I fiqure this out I'll get one.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If your pump is working right you should only drop about 1/4 lb of pressure when you hit the juice. It seems to me that you got a restriction somewhere, too small of fuel lines, or your pump is weaker than ya think. You should wet flow with the largest jet the solonoids can handle to check flow capability then jet down an wet flow with the jets your gonna use to set fuel flow pressure. You want it to flow between 5.75 an 6.25lbs for best results with the jetting chart furnished by NOS. If ya want to use square jetting ya should run at about 7.75 to 8.25lbs of fuel pressure. I had to remove the screens in a Holly 250gal/hr pump last spring cause they slowed the flow. How much are ya spraying? An ya shouldn't spray raw fuel into the intake, it'll get down past the rings an thin the oil. An never test spray Nitrous into the intake an then try an start up, it can explode like a terrorist is in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts