Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine told me that putting the purge valve line into the front of radiator is a bad thing ......:no: is this true ? the reason i will be running a duel purge kit and wanted to purge the lines into the front of the radiator is this a good idea ?

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Maybe it's corrosive? I don't know, just a guess.

Jim Smith

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did he offer his reason as to why it's bad? The intercooler guys use it to cool things down, why not the unboosted?
he said it would cool the motor to quick .............:rolleyes: whatever
that is what i told him " the boosted guys do it alll the time " i also asked him about water / methonol injection ........ i dont even want to post his comment :no: maybe i need to go with gut instinct instead of listening to weird old school drag racers who always ran n/a :yes:

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Well, I guess we all can learn something new every day.

What I learned was not to listen to this old drag racer.:devil:

Jim Smith

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
I'll step out on a limb and say it's a total waste of time & $ for the extra tubing etc. When you purge it's only for a couple of seconds, so it's not going to make any difference in coolent temperature. No it is not corrosive, remember it's used in dental offices so you can catch a buzz.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll step out on a limb and say it's a total waste of time & $ for the extra tubing etc. When you purge it's only for a couple of seconds, so it's not going to make any difference in coolent temperature. No it is not corrosive, remember it's used in dental offices so you can catch a buzz.
what type do you use i thought nitrous had different grades :yes:

·
Registered
508 Posts
there is medical grade (which dentist use) and then theres the N2O that is used for the cars which has a sulfer added to it so that people dont huff it!!:awkward:

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
what type do you use i thought nitrous had different grades :yes:
The only stuff the speed shops are "Legally" supposed to sell to the public is actually called Nitrous + (nitrous plus).. It has 100 PPM of sulfur dioxide added to help stop those who would potentially use it for a quick buzz.:yes:

Funny though, I can get my "Mother bottle" filled (64 lbs) for $112 with Nitrous +, or I can get it filled with medical grade for around $40.:rolleyes: Makes a lot of sense huh?? Of course you need a Dr.'s medical license to get the medical grade stuff......Or one hell-of-a hook-up...:D

The performance difference between the two is ZILCH....NADA....NOTHING...:no: Simply more profit for the reseller who's filling bottles!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts