Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive got a NOS big shot plate kit that I picked real cheap awhile back. Well im not wanting to start the lowest jets that its rated for which are 200hp. What would happen if I put say 100hp jets in it?

·
Registered
508 Posts
It wont be a 100. It will be more. It will still work you just might have to play with your jet spreads alittle more. Or you can stay with the same plate and get a cheater n2o solinoid and start out around a 150. Nos jeting spreads are always rich so i never run there recomended jetting. Pm me if you need more info on jetting for your system. Ill try and help anyway i can.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Ok so ive got a NOS big shot plate kit that I picked real cheap awhile back. Well im not wanting to start the lowest jets that its rated for which are 200hp. What would happen if I put say 100hp jets in it?
First off, don't go below a 150 shot setting on the Big Shot plate.:no: It has WAY to many discharge holes for that low of a setting and the nitrous will actually start to boil in the spray bar before being discharged because of the inherit pressure drop.:yes: Not what you want.:no:
Big Shot System jetting recommendations as per NOS
175 HP .073/.082 (usually where I start with good fuel, 4 degrees retard and a couple steps colder non-projected nose plugs)
225 HP .082/.091
275 HP .093/.102
325 HP .102/.110
350+ HP .120/.116
Like what was said earlier, NOS seems to jet their systems on the "Safe" side of the tune. Once you get a baseline you can easily "Bring in the mean tune" with simple SMALL fuel pressure changes.
Get a bottle heater and GOOD pressure gauge so you can make sure the bottle pressure stays CONSTANT.
A GOOD fuel pressure gauge will allow you to make sure your fuel pressure doesn't drop throughout your run. If it does.......BOOM.

Start off careful and CREAP UP on the tune and you should never have a problem. :no:

Greed and ignorance is what has given nitrous a bad rap.:yes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts