Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found some really nice U bolts at a local Fleet Farm store. They are bright shiny irradated gold with matching nuts. They are "HELP" brand, the outfit that has replacement door handles, light switch knobs etc. So any auto parts store that carries that stuff should be able to get them. Maybe nobody cares, but I thought I would pass it along just in case.

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
I have also seen these at autozone. I think the shiny gold color is becuase they are grade 8 bolts and nuts. I am using them on my rear suspension with 2" lowering blocks.

-Aaron

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
I have seen those also. They look preety good. Can you remember what part number you used or the measurements of them. What kind of torque setting did you use. I ask about the torque because the ones I have on my 2 inch block on my 64 was barely 50lbs. and they felt like they were going to strip. I stopped.

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Actually I haven't installed them yet. Hopefully by the end of this weekend my rear will be put back in. I was also kinda wondering about torque settings, I guess I figured I'd just tighten them up till they feel good and tight and my muscles can't go no more.

The u-bolts I got came with the kit at autozone. Amazingly they fit my axle tubes perfectly. I can't remember the name part # or company of the kit but I'll look tomorrow and let ya know. It was just a cheap $40 universal lowering/lift kit.

-Aaron

·
4,541 Posts
They have them is several sizes and they do make it for the 9" tubes but I don't know the part number ofhand. They may have to order it for you but they are not too exspensive. Good quality for sure.

Miles:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts