Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did the Summit Series at Irwindale today and lost in the first round to Greg Reimer (a long-time stock eliminator running a red Malibu wagon) when he cut a perfect light :eek:. I stuck around to watch Art (Evil65) make a couple of passes on the bottle after he got knocked out. He put a 100 shot in it and ripped off a 6.43! :notworthy::notworthy::thumbsup::salute: Wish I had a video camera with me, it was a picture perfect run, just hooked up and flew down the track. Nice!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
congrates to you and art hey how much is it to watch i may come with my son next time but not in the nova cause im getting ready to take it down for a while :yes:

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Thanks Bob, that is always a rush with the bottle. The guy that hands you your run slips looked at my time and said, " You know if you go any faster your going to need an Nhra license right? LOL. I just had a :D from ear to ear. Unfortunately my car spun in the second round and couldn't quite catch up to my opponent but, i did get a couple time trial passes afterwards on the bottle and that is always fun.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
what was your 60' and mph in the 1/8? how did the car feel when you were stopping from that mph?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
what was your 60' and mph in the 1/8? how did the car feel when you were stopping from that mph?
60' ft was 1.42 mph was 105. It actually wasn't too bad trying to stop it even on the bumpy right lane. When i ran the 132mph @ fontana it was a little harder to stop.

BTW, the car ran a 6.999 on the first pass on motor. Followed by a 7.006 and a 7.007, i think i'm going to try some of the calvert shocks to keep the front end up. If that doesn't work i guess i'll have to convert it to coilovers.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
sounds like it was good air and hooking good. i'll be catching up with you soon, never you worry. money is in the mail for the nitrous kit. should get it late next week. maybe install it in a couple weeks after that. at that point it will be some fun racing you heads up again

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
sounds like it was good air and hooking good. i'll be catching up with you soon, never you worry. money is in the mail for the nitrous kit. should get it late next week. maybe install it in a couple weeks after that. at that point it will be some fun racing you heads up again

Sounds like fun man, the best thing is we'll both be able to run in the exhibition lane on thursdays so we should get more runs in. Let me know when you're ready. Soon Bob will be joining us too.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Art, watching your run Sunday really got me thinking, a dangerous thing :devil:. I need to speed up my timeline to put the squeeze to it (new trans, install Super Comps, rejet the carb, bigger tire, etc.). If only this job didn't cut into my play time. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Sounds like fun man, the best thing is we'll both be able to run in the exhibition lane on thursdays so we should get more runs in. Let me know when you're ready. Soon Bob will be joining us too.
Before the bottle I think I'm gonna try out some 4.56 gears. That might get me out of my bog.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aron, once you put the 4.56 gear in you won't need the bottle. You need to sell your kit to me :devil:.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Aron, once you put the 4.56 gear in you won't need the bottle. You need to sell your kit to me :devil:.
haha, i don't even have it yet. just sent the check out yesterday. i'll do the 4.56 gear just to see how good the car can do on the motor alone. I figure that the engine makes good power, just that the gearing bogged it down. someone said 6.70's should be where i'm at. we'll see

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Art, watching your run Sunday really got me thinking, a dangerous thing :devil:. I need to speed up my timeline to put the squeeze to it (new trans, install Super Comps, rejet the carb, bigger tire, etc.). If only this job didn't cut into my play time. :rolleyes:
I'm ready when you are Bob.

haha, i don't even have it yet. just sent the check out yesterday. i'll do the 4.56 gear just to see how good the car can do on the motor alone. I figure that the engine makes good power, just that the gearing bogged it down. someone said 6.70's should be where i'm at. we'll see
Thats almost a full digit on the diff ratio Aron, are you going to be able to keep up with the shifting? What are the gear ratio's on your trans?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Thats almost a full digit on the diff ratio Aron, are you going to be able to keep up with the shifting? What are the gear ratio's on your trans?
I'm just doing the 4.56 for before nitrous. The 3.73 will go back in for the bottle. Here are my trans ratios

2.87/1.89/1.28/1.00/.64

I'll never get into 5th, but that's the ratio anyways. It will be some very very very quick shifting. My guess is that when I put the bottle on it the shifts will feel the same, but the mph will happen about .5 seconds quicker. If I get the car in the 6.70's on the motor (which is optimistic) that's like a mid 10 second pass. Yes, optimistic, but possible. If I can get it to work on the nitrous I would imagine the car would do 10 flat on a 150 shot back on the 3.73 gears, but this is all speculation.

Ask me if I'm excited, just ask me!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I'm just doing the 4.56 for before nitrous. The 3.73 will go back in for the bottle. Here are my trans ratios

2.87/1.89/1.28/1.00/.64

I'll never get into 5th, but that's the ratio anyways. It will be some very very very quick shifting. My guess is that when I put the bottle on it the shifts will feel the same, but the mph will happen about .5 seconds quicker. If I get the car in the 6.70's on the motor (which is optimistic) that's like a mid 10 second pass. Yes, optimistic, but possible. If I can get it to work on the nitrous I would imagine the car would do 10 flat on a 150 shot back on the 3.73 gears, but this is all speculation.

LOL, let me know when you go try out the other diff. I definitely want to see what it does. Oh yeah, hey Aron, are you excited?

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Hey Bob, I went to high school with Greg; back then he was into Edsels! Had a bunch of em. The he got into 409's and had a bunch of them too.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts

2.87/1.89/1.28/1.00/.64

well aron ask and you shall recieve ............ i see some bumper bashing with the 4.56s and oh same with the nitrous too :yes: :devil:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts