Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
I love it, great attention to detail and an abundance of pictures. Now I just need to hit the lottery. Super nice car.:yes::yes::yes:

·
13,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob,
I was just looking at that one. Question for ya, Wouldn't a correct L-79 have a 12 bolt rear?
-Pat
Yes, a 1966 L79 would have a 12 bolt. There are numerous things that aren't correct, so I'm not sure this car is meant to be a 100% true representation of a 1966 L79, including the fact it's a '67:).

Bob

·
Registered
77 Posts
while we're on the subject of L-79s, how come I never see any ss L-79s? I'm always seeing these non ss ones with the dog dish hub caps. Maybe the ss ones just don't make it to market and are sold before they can get to ebay and the other sites.
-Pat

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
It's a very nice car, nice enough for it not to be too cheap.

Even though it's nice I think I'd rather have the Nomad, Bubble Top or the '70 GTO Judge in the background. :yes:

Oh and by the way.... I've been to this place when I went to the NHRA Reunion. It's almost next door to the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, KY.

·
13,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
while we're on the subject of L-79s, how come I never see any ss L-79s? I'm always seeing these non ss ones with the dog dish hub caps. Maybe the ss ones just don't make it to market and are sold before they can get to ebay and the other sites.
-Pat
Maybe you just haven't noticed, Pat, but most of the L79s that show up for sale are SS cars, probably because there were way more of them built in 1966 than other models. 3547 SS L79s were produced in the U.S. in 1966. Another 1734 were Sport Coupes and about 200 two door sedans. There were also a few wagons. You're correct that many of the L79s never make it to market. I had a list of people interested in mine if I ever planned to sell it. When that time came, I just went to the list. First fellow on the list bought it.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,642 Posts
Needs to paint the bowties on the hubcaps. :yes: :devil:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Yeah, I saw that place across the street from the Corvette Museum. They were closed & it was raining (so I didn't look in the windows), but it looked like they had a lot of cars. Definitely looked like it would be worth a stop.

It's a very nice car, nice enough for it not to be too cheap.

Even though it's nice I think I'd rather have the Nomad, Bubble Top or the '70 GTO Judge in the background. :yes:

Oh and by the way.... I've been to this place when I went to the NHRA Reunion. It's almost next door to the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, KY.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts