Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing the leaky VC gasket and PCV grommet this afternoon.

Turns out the old gasket wasn't exactly leaking ... the bolts were loose. :cool::sleep:

The gasket peeled off in one piece no problem. I might just sell it on SNS for negative $2. :rolleyes:

Cheers, Tim

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, you're right.... there is a very slow drip in what appears to be two spots. One appears to be a hose, and the other next to the fuel filter.

That would be a project that should be bumped to the top of the list.... thanks for the heads-up. :yes:

Cheers, Tim

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,667 Posts
I remember my valve cover was only on finger tight. Several of the rockers were way too lose as well.

About time you cleaned that thing up. :D

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell yah what.... I'll send you the old gasket for free, and you can keep it as a spare. :D Or better yet, hang it on the wall!!!

That oil has been changed recently.... but I'm churning up all kinds of old ****.

I would change it now but really I think I need a new pan (long story). How is it possible that I can change the top end out but not be able to remove the oil pan plug??? :rolleyes:

That's why I will only change my own oil from now on..... it's still all fun.

Cheers, Tim

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
run some mystery oil in that engine

thatll clean it out.

Ive also seen people put DIESEL in there crank case to clean it out and bump it over a couple times.

It did the job but that guy musta changed the oil and filters 3 times :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,667 Posts
Tell yah what.... I'll send you the old gasket for free, and you can keep it as a spare. :D Or better yet, hang it on the wall!!!
I already have a cork one hanging in my garage :D

I put the door guards on Lucille on Sunday. The drivers door one was a little bent, so I'll have to see if I can get it to fit better when I can wrap my head around bending it in 12 directions at once to get it right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts