Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
That is a nice looking car. Hope it is an SS, and not a clone, although for me it would not matter either way. Price seems a little high, but not outrageous.

Tiny

·
Premium Member
3,750 Posts
Yeah, it IS a bit pricey, but nice 3rd gens don't grow on trees anymore. You also have to remember that sellers like this are usually willing to negotiate. Plus, they've done the leg work for you - you don't have to sift through dozens of ads that promise a lot and usually deliver much less.

I've rebuilt quite a few cars in my day and I'm coming to the conclusion that it's better to buy the cleanest example you can find rather than try to fix dozens of problems and go through the frustration of dealing with people who want the moon for NOS or even just clean original parts. That is, of course, provided that you want an 'original' type car. Building a modified car is a whole 'nother can of worms!

All of the above is, of course, contingent on the car being well documented and providing that your careful inspection shows that any work that was done to the car is to a high standard... :yes:

·
Registered
418 Posts
"Pricey Nova"

All I can suggest is that you try and build this car yourself and see where the price takes you....You'll probably find out that it will cost you more than the asking price....Always does ! It is cheaper and less frustrating to buy a car already finished then it is to pay as you go for a restoration......That car is not out of line for the quality.........and there may be some "wiggle room" in the price yet.......that's my $.02 worth...........:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
I agree with Dave B. and orest402 - if you are going to build something pay more and get the best start you can, you will be dollars ahead. Recreating something is going to cost more than buying something already finished. I should know, I bought a really bad starting point after I swore that it was ignorant, and now I am paying for it. I am also getting tired of not being able to drive my 'money' around. I hope it comes to and end soon.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Looks pretty damned nice to me! I'd try to bargain the guy down, but in any event, the car looks rock solid. If it's a real SS, it sure was optioned out well. I don't see too many small block Nova's with 12 bolts. Camaro's maybe, but not too many Nova's. Fathom Green is sweet and it has black interior, not green.

You just try and get one together that nicely for a penny less than that!!!!:D

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
You could start enjoying that dude right now, I like it.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
1970 ss...

I will agree with the others....you could not build that car or the asking price. Obviously a personal inspection is needed to see fit and finish quality prior to purchase.

Couple of little things: there are 3 exterior trims on this car...rocker, b/s and window trim...you couldn't get all 3 together...so someone took some artistic liberty. The steering wheel has a wood grain insert....I don't think this was available on Nova...this was a 69 Camaro treatment.

Overall the car looks very clean and shows well....a quality SB SS that you can drive home forunder $30k is a good value...

...now if your check book has room for a Big Block...call me:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Couple of little things: there are 3 exterior trims on this car...rocker, b/s and window trim...you couldn't get all 3 together...so someone took some artistic liberty.
Could you get the window trim and the rocker together?

It also looks like it has a rad recovery tank. I thought those did not come out until later?

ray

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
barret jackson

barret jackson strikes again ,,,, the prices keep going up because people keep paying crazy prices ,,, if it was a L78 396 it might be worth that ,,

·
Registered
418 Posts
Pricey Nova

if it was a L78 396 it might be worth that ,,
I'd venture to say that if it was an L-78 396 in that condition it would be a bargain at that price........supply and demand.....try and find one.:yes:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Too many Camaro parts on this Nova, I bet if you dig deep enough, it's probably not the real deal. A correct car this would be a deal, don't BS us and we won't knock your potential sale. Car dealers and deal on SS's just don't go together, I'd rather buy one privately from an honest seller. Unless it has paper work I don't think it's worth $28K.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Taz

I agree with you on to many car dealers trying to Deal on an SS or other nice muscle car are a rare breed especially in the Northwest where I live. The person I bought my 66 SS from, I hadn't seen for over 30 yrs. He wanted to buy my 1957 Corvette Box car which was fairly priced at the time. He told me he thinks about that car frequently and does regret not buying it as I am for selling it. Any way he's reputation is more important than squeezing a few extra bucks for nice cars. He only carry's limited supply and is just a cool car guy. No I don't get commissions for my words or would take them. Check out just a few of his cars.

Muscle Cars Northwest
http://www.musclecarsnw.com
Ross

Too many Camaro parts on this Nova, I bet if you dig deep enough, it's probably not the real deal. A correct car this would be a deal, don't BS us and we won't knock your potential sale. Car dealers and deal on SS's just don't go together, I'd rather buy one privately from an honest seller. Unless it has paper work I don't think it's worth $28K.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
I just clicked on the link and it's sold? So, I guess it wasn't to pricey? It's a great looking car.

·
Registered
482 Posts
IMO. novas are a really nice car but I feel they are over priced. they sold as a lower end car on the sub compact line. basically for the working family. now they are up there in price with the chevelles and almost camaros. well of course I'm taking about 66 and 67's. no trying to insult anyone. JMO.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
IMO. novas are a really nice car but I feel they are over priced. they sold as a lower end car on the sub compact line. basically for the working family. now they are up there in price with the chevelles and almost camaros. well of course I'm taking about 66 and 67's. no trying to insult anyone. JMO.
What's funny about this is perspective. I'm willing to bet that 90% of the guys (and girls...) on this site would pick a Nova above a Chevelle any day. If both cars were in the same condition, same 'rarity' and same options and same price I'd like to think they'd go for a Nova. The point is that it's what's desirable. If you go onto a Chevelle site the numbers would be the same, but for Chevelles most likely. Yes, the Nova was the middle of the road car, but that doesn't mean that 40+ years later it still is. By todays standards the Chevelle is a HUGE car and the Nova is a big car.

Side note: driving my dad's super original '70 Chevelle is a MUCH nicer ride than either of my Novas. I think that at this point we buy the cars based on look rather than ride quality. To me, a Nova is a better looking car. Not that other cars don't look good, but I'd rather have a Nova than any other model car in the Chevy lineup

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm willing to bet that 90% of the guys (and girls...) on this site would pick a Nova above a Chevelle any day. If both cars were in the same condition, same 'rarity' and same options and same price I'd like to think they'd go for a Nova. The point is that it's what's desirable.

the chevelle is the number 1 mid sized car ever sold. I'm sure on this site everyone is bis to the nova cuz its a nova site. I'm just saying that nova sold for $2000 in 67. chevelle sold for $2500. camaro sold for $3000. the pricing on the nova has caught up to the chevelle. thus making the nova expensive.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts