Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
886 Posts
That is a beauty Bob. I would love to have that sitting next to my white convertible. It would make a very nice pair.

My question about the SS models that came with the column shift and no center console. Were the tabs still on the floor pan to put the console in or are they not? if not at what point in the assembly did they get installed? (the tabs themselves and not the console)
Victor

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Body color firewall so it was made in Canada?

·
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My question about the SS models that came with the column shift and no center console. Were the tabs still on the floor pan to put the console in or are they not? if not at what point in the assembly did they get installed? (the tabs themselves and not the console)
Victor
Fisher Body was responsible for the installations required for the SS console mounting and the PG shifter hump. These directions were on the cowl tag already mounted on the firewall....a 2M for the PG and 'X' or 'Z' for the SS option. If these codes weren't on the tag, the car was a 3 on the tree with no console mounting and no shifter hump. I don't know if Fisher installed the actual console, or if this was done on the Chevrolet assembly line.

Body color firewall so it was made in Canada?
No this is an early Oakland, California, build before the change to black firewalls. The change took place at some point during the 1963 production year, but may not have been at the same time in all plants.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
4,006 Posts
Beautiful car. Who wouldn't like to have that one? Something about a black interior on an SS that is very cool.

Be interested to see what it goes for.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fisher Body was responsible for the installations required for the SS console mounting and the PG shifter hump. These directions were on the cowl tag already mounted on the firewall....a 2M for the PG and 'X' or 'Z' for the SS option. If these codes weren't on the tag, the car was a 3 on the tree with no console mounting and no shifter hump. I don't know if Fisher installed the actual console, or if this was done on the Chevrolet assembly line.

No this is an early Oakland, California, build before the change to black firewalls. The change took place at some point during the 1963 production year, but may not have been at the same time in all plants.

Bob
great info, thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts