Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted this car last night at a local cruise, and thought I would share some pics. I don't know these early generations well and was wondering if the floor shift and console was original? If it is, it's the first that I have ever seen. All in all, it was nice.
IMG_1097.JPG
IMG_1097.JPG IMG_1098.JPG IMG_1099.JPG IMG_1100.JPG

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
i'd be happy with that convertable sitting in my garage

·
13,704 Posts
A very nice 1963 Nova SS in what appears to be rare Marine Aqua with aqua interior. The buckets and chrome console were standard with the SS option. That's the shifter for the powerglide you see coming out of the console. On a non SS, the shifter would be on the column. Very stock appearing car.

Was this show in Alberta? Lots of spectators. We wouldn't be allowed anything like this in B.C. this season.

Bob

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was this show in Alberta? Lots of spectators. We wouldn't be allowed anything like this in B.C. this season.
This cruise spot happens every Friday evening in Edmonton and is well attended when the weather is nice, 100 plus cars last night including a 1970 black GT Torino with SCJ 429 all original survivor with 11,000 miles. Spoke to the owner a 70 year old couple who bought the car two years ago from the original owner with only 9000 miles on it. They love it and drove it from Camrose about 1.5 hour drive from Edmonton.

·
13,704 Posts
This cruise spot happens every Friday evening in Edmonton and is well attended when the weather is nice, 100 plus cars last night including a 1970 black GT Torino with SCJ 429 all original survivor with 11,000 miles. Spoke to the owner a 70 year old couple who bought the car two years ago from the original owner with only 9000 miles on it. They love it and drove it from Camrose about 1.5 hour drive from Edmonton.
Different rules for different provinces, I guess. We can have cruises, but not allowed to get out of our cars. No spectator car shows at all. Not a fun year.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
Love that SS. Good color, and the trim really pops on darker colored '63 SS cars. Someone took the time to make that as original as they could, and that takes a bunch of extra effort on that car. Perfect August ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's a small circle in this Nova world of ours.
Some time ago I gave my business card to the fellow that owned the Marine Aqua Nova 63 SS convertible when efirth took these photos .
I told him if he ever wanted to sell it to give me a call. Well out of the blue he called a couple of weeks ago and on my birthday no less and I now own it.
Then I see efirth post that a silver 63 SS convertible is being auctioned in Calgary Sept 19th. For fun I register to bid online and I end up purchasing that 63 SS also.
So now after looking for a 63 SS convertible for years I now own two purchased in the same month.
I'm done for awhile and will be looking for some advise from this sites members going forward.

·
13,704 Posts
Welcome to the site from Abbotsford B.C. A guy can never have too many Nova super sport convertibles. Either of these 2 cars a Canadian build?

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Bob,
No both cars are Willow Run builds.
The aqua car came up to Canada from Atascadero, California four plus years ago and was owned for years by a fellow that passed away. His wife sold it to a Canadian family friend of theirs that I have now purchased it from.
The silver car was sold by the estate of the owner who has had it since 1977.
I currently have six collectors cars and five of them were acquired because the owners had died. See the tread developing in this hobby??:)

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
johnregrus . . . . . you can't help from being from up-North . . . . lol

Listen too "CdnL79 Registry" . . . . Bob . . . . he is very Good at This Stuff , for sure . . . (y)

Wow . . . . two 63 - SS - convertibles ; "That's Golden" , oh yeah .

and , WELCOME to SNS = NPHNP . . .

later , jim

·
13,704 Posts
Hello Bob,
No both cars are Willow Run builds.
The aqua car came up to Canada from Atascadero, California four plus years ago and was owned for years by a fellow that passed away. His wife sold it to a Canadian family friend of theirs that I have now purchased it from.
The silver car was sold by the estate of the owner who has had it since 1977.
I currently have six collectors cars and five of them were acquired because the owners had died. See the tread developing in this hobby??:)
Yes, Canadian '63 SS convertibles are rare. They built fewer than 1800 Canadian convertibles in '63. Unknown how many were SS, but based on U.S. estimates, perhaps about 1100. Winter in most parts of Canada was tough on these cars and not many survived.

Is the silver SS a factory 940 Satin Silver? Marine Aqua was also a seldom seen color.

Bob

·
Registered
53 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

[IMG alt="efirth"]https://www.stevesnovasite.com/d2/avatars/m/0/124.jpg?1589481176[/IMG]
efirth
Premium Member

Joined Feb 7, 2004
133 Posts
Discussion Starter • #1 29 d ago
Spotted this car last night at a local cruise, and thought I would share some pics. I don't know these early generations well and was wondering if the floor shift and console was original? If it is, it's the first that I have ever seen. All in all, it was nice.

IMG_1097.JPG

IMG_1097.JPGIMG_1098.JPGIMG_1099.JPGIMG_1100.JPG

Eric Firth
72 Nova
35000 Original Miles

SaveShare
Reply Quote

[IMG alt="Redrider66SS"]https://www.stevesnovasite.com/d2/avatars/m/115/115762.jpg?1575361874[/IMG]
Redrider66SS
Registered

Joined Mar 9, 2017
2,686 Posts
#2 29 d ago
i'd be happy with that convertable sitting in my garage

1966 Nova SS 327 700 R 4 with 3.55 posi
ROTM Winner FEB 2019
Zilwaukee, Michigan USA Mike

SaveShare
Reply Quote

[IMG alt="CdnL79 Registry"]https://www.stevesnovasite.com/d2/avatars/m/0/155.jpg?1575361867[/IMG]
CdnL79 Registry

Joined Feb 7, 2004
13,588 Posts
#3 29 d ago
A very nice 1963 Nova SS in what appears to be rare Marine Aqua with aqua interior. The buckets and chrome console were standard with the SS option. That's the shifter for the powerglide you see coming out of the console. On a non SS, the shifter would be on the column. Very stock appearing car.

Bob

62 Acadian cvt sold
63 Nova SS cvt sold
66 Cdn. Nova SS L79 sold
70 Nova SS L78 sold

SaveShare
Reply Quote

[IMG alt="efirth"]https://www.stevesnovasite.com/d2/avatars/m/0/124.jpg?1589481176[/IMG]
efirth
Premium Member

Joined Feb 7, 2004
133 Posts
Discussion Starter • #4 29 d ago
CdnL79 Registry said:

Eric Firth
72 Nova
35000 Original Miles

SaveShare
Reply Quote

[IMG alt="CdnL79 Registry"]https://www.stevesnovasite.com/d2/avatars/m/0/155.jpg?1575361867[/IMG]
CdnL79 Registry

Joined Feb 7, 2004
13,588 Posts
#5 29 d ago
efirth said:
Different rules for different provinces, I guess. We can have cruises, but not allowed to get out of our cars. No spectator car shows at all. Not a fun year.

Bob

62 Acadian cvt sold
63 Nova SS cvt sold
66 Cdn. Nova SS L79 sold
70 Nova SS L78 sold

johnregrus - that is a very pretty color. Can you post any better pictures of this color? I was just telling my wife that would be a very pretty color on her car. Maybe you could even post a picture of both of your '63 SS Convertibles.

·
Registered
53 Posts
johnregrus - That is a very pretty color. Can you post any better pictures of this car? I was just telling my wife that would be a very pretty color on her car. Maybe you could even tease us with a picture of both of your '63 SS Convertibles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is a couple I took. I just got the car delivered this past Saturday so I've only taken a few photos.
IMG_2717.jpeg
IMG_2712.jpeg
Heck I don't even have the car insured yet. Insurance broker is closed on weekends.

·
13,704 Posts
That's one gorgeous car in a great color. I'm not sure in my 30+ years in the Chevy II/Acadian hobby I've ever seen a '63 SS convertible in Marine Aqua.

Bob

·
Registered
581 Posts
magical car. that is an incredible color.

may have missed it: is it a total restoration? mostly original?

just a "wow" car IMO. great score. would stare at that one for hours.

-Rusty

1 - 17 of 17 Posts