Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of work (and money!) went into this one:

I've seen it in person at our Back to the 50's.

·
13,703 Posts
Very nice conversion of a rare 1964 Acadian wagon. Can't tell if it was a Canso or Invader model, as all the trim and badging is gone. Interesting they added the parking light extensions that the '64 Acadian never had.

Bob

·
13,703 Posts
What's up with the headlight bezels? Looks like the wrong one on the drivers side. Passenger side wrong too? Hard to tell from the pictures shown.
They look like the same crappy repros I bought for my '63 SS convertible. When measured against originals, they were actually smaller. I restored my originals and returned the repros. The 1st generation factory bezels were always a poor fit to the hood and fenders and seldom did one side match the other.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
3,838 Posts
That's a really nice 2-door conversion. B, C, D pillars all have the same angle, and it makes the roofline look great. With the LS conversion and everything else, I think this wagon is really cheap, considering the investment. You'd have literally the only one.

On the headlight bezels, I agree. They were inconsistently made even new, the reproductions are worthless, and they are so easy to bend. It's a rare Nova where the bezel fits well at the top of the fender, the hood and the grille, while still having a round (not warped out of shape) hole for the headlight. Old factory photos show a really nice fit on some cars, and I wonder where they got those parts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts