1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
That's a nice car, I remember he said he was going to sell it. :no::turn::no:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am looking for a 66 SS is this a good car to look at?

The only issue is I am in Wisconsin. Is that a stock color?

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
I am looking for a 66 SS is this a good car to look at?
I don't know the car, but from the description, it looks like a reasonable buy. You'll notice that it says "OBO" (or best offer), which means that the price is probably negotiable. The 200r4 tranny will help keep the revs down on the highway and the Church Boys front suspension should make it a great (and much safer) driver!

The only issue is that I am in Wisconsin.
You can hire an appraiser through the internet - or maybe someone on this forum could look at the car for you. Shipping isn't cheap, but if you find the car you want, it's often a better deal than trying to go get the car yourself.

Is that a stock color?
I'm not sure if it's a stock color. If it is, it's either Willow Green (Code H) or Chateau Slate (Code W). You have to remember that when these cars were new, they were painted with acrylic lacquer. Repainting a car with a base coat/clear coat paint can sometimes make quite a difference in the way the color 'appears' or photographs, even if the paint is mixed with the 'correct' formula... There's also the problem of the camera itself (does it correctly interpret the color it 'sees') - and then the computer has to re-create the color on the screen. In my opinion, whatever that color is - it looks really good on the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the thread, I guess that answers some of the questions.

It is sure not a color combo you see very often.

That's why I wondered since the car is well know here, if it still needs to be checked out by a third party.

I think I may contact the owner and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
It's a beautiful car. Well worth the money for someone looking for a "done" car in my opinion. If I had garage space I would be a player for sure.

·
Registered
555 Posts
It is a beautiful and well done car. I believe a bunch of NorCal folks here would echo the same sentiments.

I half thought of selling mine and try to buy it

·
Registered
26,336 Posts

THE CAR BELONGS TO SUPERNOVA66, IMO THE CAR IS WORTH WHAT HE'S ASKIN', HE'S GOT ALOT OF TIME INTO THAT CAR, I DON'T THINK IT NEEDS ANYTHING BUT A DRIVER! :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts