Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my 1970 Nova project. The car was a six cylinder with 42,000 original miles. Last registered in CT in 1972! I've owned the car for 18 years and I'm just getting back around to working on it. Just ordered a Detroit Mini Tub kit, inner quarters, and full quarters. The body work is done on the front half of the car now onto the back half! Wish me luck!

Year: 1970

Model: 2 door coupe

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a 6.0 block so I'll probably end up building a 408 stroker out of it, and I'd also like to convert it from a automatic to a standard. It's going to be mostly a street machine I'm not sure if I'll lower it and go for the full pro touring look.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven’t posted in a while but I’m finally making some progress on my build. Body should be painted next week pretty exciting stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Loving the Citrus green on my 70. Hopefully it’ll be back in 1 piece this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good progress continues this week the car got wet sanded / buffed, trunk splatter painted, and inner fender undercoated, and a couple doors installed.
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle

Vehicle cover Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The color turned out great. That is quite a while in paint jail. Are you doing the work yourself?
I did all the sheet metal work, and then had someone do the body work and paint. It took about about 5 weeks to do the body work and paint @ around 40hrs a week in my dads garage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts