Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Thomas, I live in Essen (Germany), entered this world in late 69, and that´s around the year most of my cars come and came from, mainly Opel Rekord and (Buick) Opel Kadett...At the moment I own a 1972 Rekord C Coupe, a 1951 Oldsmobile Super 88 Club Coupe (Kustom) - member of the Rumblers Car Club (Ruhrpott Chapter Germany) and a 1963 Chevy Corvan. My girlfriend has a 1972 Nova 307/350 I´m trying to get back on the streets...

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Guten Tag.....

Herzlich Willkommen auf der seite .....:waving:

Mein Deutsch ist eine verrostete :bored::yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
:welcome::waving:TO SNS :chev:

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
welcome. nice collection of cars:cool:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I think those guys are talking about us? Welcome to the sns site and quit talking about us!!! RICK

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome...and a little update...I finally managed to get the car on the road...did 2 cruises/shows last weekend...Seems that most of the Nova is functioning, a few things here and there to work on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...Are there many novas over there?
...I know of 4 cars incl. mine within about 30miles...my area here is 5-6x the size of NY, but only 1/10 of it`s population...
...one of the biggest sites for selling cars here in Germany lists 9 Novas from 66-74 - not very often I think...

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Hi, my name is Thomas, I live in Essen (Germany), entered this world in late 69, and that´s around the year most of my cars come and came from, mainly Opel Rekord and (Buick) Opel Kadett...At the moment I own a 1972 Rekord C Coupe, a 1951 Oldsmobile Super 88 Club Coupe (Kustom) - member of the Rumblers Car Club (Ruhrpott Chapter Germany) and a 1963 Chevy Corvan. My girlfriend has a 1972 Nova 307/350 I´m trying to get back on the streets...

welcome to steves!!Cool cars...they must be a big hit over there!!Any idea how the nova got there....us military maybe?later man!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
....us military maybe?later man!!
No, car came with all the documents you can think of: invoice 5-24-72, instalment sale contract, protect-o-plate, build-sheet from WillowRun, bills for every parts, a handwritten list of every work that was done from 61500mls until October 1995, when the car was sold by the first owners to a guy/dealer in the Netherlands. Odometer read (1)91641mls at that time. Car must have then been stripped from all mouldings and badges and got painted in yellow (original was a metallic-green (paint 928)). It was then sold to guy in Rotterdam, the friend of my girlfriends best girlfriend. They had the cars for a few years and put on the Cragar-wheels. He wasn´t the guy to serve the car on his own, and he didn´t find anyone who could keep the car on the road, so it stood some years on a parking lot when battery cables and cooler were damaged. He finally bought himself a new Shelby and intended to sell the car when my girlfriend heard of that. She told me: "If you drive a V8 (my 51 Olds), I want a V8 too". When she asked for the price of the car, it was given to here as a gift, we only had to promise to get the Nova on the road again, and the car stays with the "family", that was in March 2010...Finally it´s done. Odometer still reads under 200k mls. I have contact with the husband of the first owner from Augusta/Georgia and he sent me pictures of how the car looked in it´s early days.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
No, car came with all the documents you can think of: invoice 5-24-72, instalment sale contract, protect-o-plate, build-sheet from WillowRun, bills for every parts, a handwritten list of every work that was done from 61500mls until October 1995, when the car was sold by the first owners to a guy/dealer in the Netherlands. Odometer read (1)91641mls at that time. Car must have then been stripped from all mouldings and badges and got painted in yellow (original was a metallic-green (paint 928)). It was then sold to guy in Rotterdam, the friend of my girlfriends best girlfriend. They had the cars for a few years and put on the Cragar-wheels. He wasn´t the guy to serve the car on his own, and he didn´t find anyone who could keep the car on the road, so it stood some years on a parking lot when battery cables and cooler were damaged. He finally bought himself a new Shelby and intended to sell the car when my girlfriend heard of that. She told me: "If you drive a V8 (my 51 Olds), I want a V8 too". When she asked for the price of the car, it was given to here as a gift, we only had to promise to get the Nova on the road again, and the car stays with the "family", that was in March 2010...Finally it´s done. Odometer still reads under 200k mls. I have contact with the husband of the first owner from Augusta/Georgia and he sent me pictures of how the car looked in it´s early days.
Thats a great story!!!Good job on getting her on the road!!You mustget alot of looks when you drive it!!Do people like it or not?later bm

1 - 20 of 23 Posts