Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in an area that is motorsports heaven if you are a gearhead of any sort. With that said, not trying to convince anyone or debate that, let me get to my point. Our local news outlets give little to no positive press to alot of it and the TV news is just as bad or worse. Some of my buddies and I started to write to them when they didn't give motorsports the coverage we wanted, especially Drag Racing. They seem to be listening. So my point is this, If your local papers and TV news people are not giving you the coverage you expect and want, contact them and let them know it. They seem to be interested in what the people want. In todays paper there is a nice article on a local drag racer and how his entire family races with him. Very positive ,family oriented, showing that Drag Racing is a sport not an illegal activity. They are now showing the NHRA upcoming events along with the results for NHRA on Mondays. Also seems we have the news people saying street racing caused and accident rather than drag racing which they use to do no matter what the people were doing. If you want the sport to continue to grow and prosper you need to get the news people to report things right and report the events and the results. It's suppose to be The News not The News we want to report. I even sent Nancy Grace an E Mail when she mentioned Drag Racing caused a wreck killing some family when it was illegal street racers in rice burners who caused it. People post all over the net, take a minute and send an e mail to the news people when they do it wrong or don't do it at all. There is strenght in numbers, look what numbers did to the Dixie Chicks when everyone quit buying and playing their music. Dixie who? JMHO, RM

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

I've always found it interesting in this neck of the woods not to hear anything about Gateway International Raceway. All the news around here comes from St. Louis stations and you'd think they'd pay attention to the big track right across the bridge! Instead, they don't go into any motorsports unless it's a NASCAR event.

I have written to the stations in the past as it'd be nice to know when a big event is coming to the track and not have to keep looking online or at the newspapers to learn about it. For whatever reason, the sports directors think any sort of coverage is taboo. I'll admit with the Cardinals, Blues, and the Rams it does leave little time, but you'd think they would at least mention when a big national event comes into town!

Jason

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I dunno, I kinda liked 'em. No sense getting all worked up about it!

Kev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts