Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would do the right thing and introduce myself, as per the rules. The name is Dave, I go by Yeti to everyone that knows me. I am a 20 year Navy Vet retiring in the San Diego area but was born and raised in Berdo.

Spent most of my life going to the Winter Nationals, Pamona swap meet, Orange Show races, original Route 66 Rendezvous and LACR for drags. Purchased a 65 Nova young in my career but had to sell her due to a lot of factors. This 63 is a reboot of that love, for me, and is something I can enjoy with my kid and let her enjoy the times I had in the SoCal car culture.

Look forward to the advice and recommendations of other owners and can hopefully contribute.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome from Los Angeles, Dave. And thank you for your service!! My Dad completed 25 years a couple years ago and retired from SD also. He resides in Tijuana now.

That is one beautiful 63. Any plans on what you want to do to it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas. From what they tell me the pipes make it sound similar to a stingray. Haven’t been able to drive it yet, just drooling over pictures and video.

First thing is figuring out/redoing wiring and then a vintage air.

@63 Thanks. It’s been a good ride, but it’s time to hang up my boots.

Looking forward to hitting some events this year.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Welcome aboard Yeti..! I haven't seen side pipes on anything in years.. When I was a kid it was not uncommon to see them on a lot of different vehicles.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :salute:Thank you for your service. You found a beauty. Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Welcome from Florida.:usa:

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,166 Posts
That's a saaahweet ride!

Welcome fellow veteran.

As per the fact you are retiring, you can now stop saying..." as per"

anytime you like...LOL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you everyone. @Rupert, it is definitely going to be tough getting rid of all the jargon the Military has given me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania it will all come together and have a great time enjoying your retirement with a big thank you

·
Registered
63 SS
967 Posts
Welcome aboard Dave. Looks like the only reccomendation and advice you'll be getting is to drive it.....and SMO'KUM:yes:. Your ride looks done!!

Yeah, love the side pipes and Cragars....they give it that unique 80's look like an episode from CHiP's.

What part of SD are you at? I work at NBSD.

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,413 Posts
Welcome aboard, I experienced the same things growing up in Redlands. Did 12 yrs at 32nd St. on various ships.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@JMark Used to hang out in Redlands a little while growing up, been to the Redlands bowl a ton and always use the back road to BB to avoid all the LA traffic.

@SMO'KUM63, San Carlos/La Mesa area. Wish I was going to be around to do the La Mesa car show night but I will try and make it to one of the last El Cajon events this year.

And again, Thank you everyone for the well wishes. It will be exciting to see where the future takes me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts