Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, I'm new to this site so please bear with me should I not follow proper etiquette.
I recently purchased a 1970 Nova, butternut yellow, 454, 4 speed. One thing that is missing from it, is the factory bumper jack. Although I will probably never use it, aside from it being dangerous, I would like to finish detailing the trunk, so I'm currently on the search for the jack.
I've researched it to some extent and it appears the early Chevy II's and Nova's came with a make/model stamped on the jack hook, however I can only find stamped ones up to 1968. Can anyone tell me if later years were also stamped or not, possibly with just a part number and if so what the part number would be for a 70. I believe the bumpers from 68 to 71 or 72 all were the same profile with later models having the slots in the bumpers for the jacking mechanism. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,495 Posts
Sorry... I am unable to provide any info about the jacks, but I do want to welcome you to SNS.
Hopefully, another member will chime in with the info you are seeking.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Welcome to the site.. Most of those old bumper jacks probably found their way to the scrap yard.. Good luck with your search.

Just a thought I know this guy who deal with 64-72 A-bodies and if anyone would have an old school mechanical bumper jack it would be him... He’s located in the SGV in SoCal..

Hector - ‭(626) 488-5472‬

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
rwhw.... welcome to the nova site. farther down the list of forum subjects you will see a 3rd. gen forum for parts for sale an a area for parts wanted. put an add in there you want a jack for a 70 nova. that a cool color butternut an a 4 speed. a fun ride. enjoy the cruise.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Hi RWHW . . . . . WELCOME to SNS . . . . . the best place too hanh-out .

I have an original '69 2dr Nova ; with the 69 factory "bumper jack" - - - - I can go out & look. (give me alittle time) , no problem . . . . . jim

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Gentlemen, I'm new to this site so please bear with me should I not follow proper etiquette.
I recently purchased a 1970 Nova, butternut yellow, 454, 4 speed. One thing that is missing from it, is the factory bumper jack. Although I will probably never use it, aside from it being dangerous, I would like to finish detailing the trunk, so I'm currently on the search for the jack.
I've researched it to some extent and it appears the early Chevy II's and Nova's came with a make/model stamped on the jack hook, however I can only find stamped ones up to 1968. Can anyone tell me if later years were also stamped or not, possibly with just a part number and if so what the part number would be for a 70. I believe the bumpers from 68 to 71 or 72 all were the same profile with later models having the slots in the bumpers for the jacking mechanism. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ron
Welcome. Glad to have you with us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts