Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my father-in-law passed away in 2010 we discovered he still had a polebarn in Bristol Tn when we walked into the barn there were 8 cars sitting there, the first one was a 63 wagon I immediately fell in love! found that he stuffed a 327 in it, it has not run since 1981 as far as I can tell, I have pulled the valve covers and its rust free and very clean, trans and oil look brand new, hoping to fire it up in a few weeks.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have a great find. What other cars are in there? Post us some pictures when you can.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Welcome to SNS, your barn find is fantastic!

What others are in there, post some pics when you get a chance! :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
57 chevy bel air 2 door post car.( wifes)
57 chevy 210. ( sons future car)
57 chevy bel air 4 door ( selling to my dad)
63 nova wagon ( MINE!!!!!)
62 corvair lakewood edition station wagon ( up for grabs)
49 cadillac 4 door ( up for grabs)
66 chevelle ss 396 convertible 4 speed muncie numbers matching, thats in my brother in laws garage I SOOOO wanted that.
78 chevy blazer ( sold)
iwll download pics tonight and post.
and thanks for the welcome

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS , :waving:

SOUNDS LIKE YA GOT SOME NICE :chev: RIDES
PICS ARE HIGHLY DESIRED AND ENCOURAGED, GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US,
ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,875 Posts
:welcome: Good to have you on the forum !!! :pics:

Aloha, Ric

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok it says I cannot post attachments, how do I post the pics???:confused:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
First (Wellcome,) this site & people are great ,2nd How did you not Know your father- in -law had the Cars , Can't wait untill Pic.

. Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I cant find the flash drive with the other cars I will keep looking and certainly post them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A few of my pics I had to copy out of my garage from another forum I belong to, and to answer how did I know he had them, my father in law always was talking about cars, the kind of guy that would carry a trans into the house and break it down on the kitchen table but never mentioned what cars he had where, so when he passed my wife and I took a trip to Tenn. to their property and opened the door and there they were, she had not been there since she was 5 years old. ( 1981 ) the Chevy II has plated from 81 and a newspaper from 81 so I assume that is the last time it ran.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Welcome to the site and sorry for you're families loss But a cool find.Does the wagooon need restored? If it does or doesn't keep the pics coming . RICK

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the site and sorry for you're families loss But a cool find.Does the wagooon need restored? If it does or doesn't keep the pics coming . RICK
Yes the interior is a mess from all the mice that made it a condo through the years and the motor needs freshened up, I am going to see if the motor will fire up before I restore, I pulled the vavle covers and it looks pretty good ( no rust or build up)

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Yes the interior is a mess from all the mice that made it a condo through the years and the motor needs freshened up, I am going to see if the motor will fire up before I restore, I pulled the vavle covers and it looks pretty good ( no rust or build up)
make sure you change all the fluids...including the gas.....before you try to fire it:yes:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
before I try and start it I am replacing the gas tank, lines and fuel pump ( all still have lead gas in them) oil,plugs, wires and clean the points in the distributor, and a new battery.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts