Chevy Nova Forum banner

1694 Views 17 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  SS3
When my father-in-law passed away in 2010 we discovered he still had a polebarn in Bristol Tn when we walked into the barn there were 8 cars sitting there, the first one was a 63 wagon I immediately fell in love! found that he stuffed a 327 in it, it has not run since 1981 as far as I can tell, I have pulled the valve covers and its rust free and very clean, trans and oil look brand new, hoping to fire it up in a few weeks.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have a great find. What other cars are in there? Post us some pictures when you can.
Welcome to SNS, your barn find is fantastic!

What others are in there, post some pics when you get a chance! :yes: :yes:
57 chevy bel air 2 door post car.( wifes)
57 chevy 210. ( sons future car)
57 chevy bel air 4 door ( selling to my dad)
63 nova wagon ( MINE!!!!!)
62 corvair lakewood edition station wagon ( up for grabs)
49 cadillac 4 door ( up for grabs)
66 chevelle ss 396 convertible 4 speed muncie numbers matching, thats in my brother in laws garage I SOOOO wanted that.
78 chevy blazer ( sold)
iwll download pics tonight and post.
and thanks for the welcome
TO SNS , :waving:

SOUNDS LIKE YA GOT SOME NICE :chev: RIDES
PICS ARE HIGHLY DESIRED AND ENCOURAGED, GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US,
ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

See less See more
welcome to steves!!Got some pix?
:welcome: Good to have you on the forum !!! :pics:

Aloha, Ric
ok it says I cannot post attachments, how do I post the pics???:confused:
ok it says I cannot post attachments, how do I post the pics???:confused:
its easy look here
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27716
can we see pictures of all the barn cars?We like pix:yes:
First (Wellcome,) this site & people are great ,2nd How did you not Know your father- in -law had the Cars , Can't wait untill Pic.

. Later Larry Mc

I cant find the flash drive with the other cars I will keep looking and certainly post them.
See less See more
A few of my pics I had to copy out of my garage from another forum I belong to, and to answer how did I know he had them, my father in law always was talking about cars, the kind of guy that would carry a trans into the house and break it down on the kitchen table but never mentioned what cars he had where, so when he passed my wife and I took a trip to Tenn. to their property and opened the door and there they were, she had not been there since she was 5 years old. ( 1981 ) the Chevy II has plated from 81 and a newspaper from 81 so I assume that is the last time it ran.
Welcome to the site and sorry for you're families loss But a cool find.Does the wagooon need restored? If it does or doesn't keep the pics coming . RICK
Welcome to the site and sorry for you're families loss But a cool find.Does the wagooon need restored? If it does or doesn't keep the pics coming . RICK
Yes the interior is a mess from all the mice that made it a condo through the years and the motor needs freshened up, I am going to see if the motor will fire up before I restore, I pulled the vavle covers and it looks pretty good ( no rust or build up)
Yes the interior is a mess from all the mice that made it a condo through the years and the motor needs freshened up, I am going to see if the motor will fire up before I restore, I pulled the vavle covers and it looks pretty good ( no rust or build up)
make sure you change all the fluids...including the gas.....before you try to fire it:yes:
before I try and start it I am replacing the gas tank, lines and fuel pump ( all still have lead gas in them) oil,plugs, wires and clean the points in the distributor, and a new battery.
That must be nice to come across a collection like that
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.