Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How’s it going guys I was wondering if anyone had opinions on what I’m trying to accomplish with my 74!planning on runnin Naturally aspirated, goal is to run low 9s if ever break into 8s with nos way down the road would be awesome. Car is going to be still driven on streets off run off pump gas and some freeway miles. Behind it is t400 and hopefully a 9 inch with caltracks split monos 3.73s on 275s...maybe run mini tubs one day. Want to be able to drive the car on street with some manners..less throttle ha. Want everything to be good grade stuff thinking of a 555 or 565 to reach hp goals of 800 or so. I would think it would take that much to run 9s but if I’m wrong please tell me. Any opinions I’m all ears. If it’s overkill or not enough. Doing the whole assembly bottom up on the stand any info helps! Biggest thing is I don’t want it to be to much for the streets but still hammer at the track.
P.s don’t wana run any power adders just n/a power!
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome!

I think you're asking an awful lot to have an N/A motor that runs deep in the 9's with good street manners, especially if you're against using power adders.

May I ask why you don't want to go forced induction or power adders, and why the goal of 9's?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the response! i don't know just like plain carb big cube engines. Even if the car ran 9.5s, 9.6s i would be pretty dang happy with it.(more realist goal. i just really wana comftrably be able to break 10s every time. Mid 9s pry more real). Also with that being said i really wana be able to hit the streets, cruise with the wife and friends. I was thinking 540 555 or 65. As far as why i am also against power adders is for the longevity i want this motor to run for awhile. I also just like all motor power think its cool. any info helps thanks again guys means alot!

car plans are a t400 tranny (still deciding on converter (street strip use)
3.73s (9 inch or build the 12 bolt....:confused:)
gear vendors od one day
car has two kidney seats a layer of thermo tec and half carpet weighs 3320 with the iron headed sac.

maybe mini tubs one day cal trac/mono leaf.

thanks again fellas really helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts