Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just found this site, i check out team chevelle and nastyZ28. quick question. My wife game me the go ahead for a new project, even thought the old project isn't near complete. anyway a guy at work can get me what he says is a 74 nova SS hatchback. Did they make a 74 SS is the car very desirable? I really like the 68-72s. Is there anything to check to see if it is a SS or is that a stripe kit? the car is suppose to be straight, no motor or tranny. the glass is suppose to be good and interior is suppose to be all there but probably needs upholtery, no rust, they want $600 for it. Never having done a nova ( I had a 62 and 67 a back in the 80s) is this a good price for a 74? Any input is appreciated. thanks Jim

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
That sounds like a good price from the limited description. The 73-74's are not as popular as the 68-72, but are gaining. I personaly like them alot. I think the SS option in 74 could be had with a 6cyl and drum brakes, so I am not sure how to tell if it is a real SS. If you are looking to buy, fix and sell for a profit, I don't think that is the car for you. If you are looking for a car that you want to build and enjoy be it an SS or not, that just could be the right car. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im really not sure what I want to do if I get the car, Its just one of those deals that popped up in a conversation. the guy sold the motor and tranny to my coworker for a 71 el camino he bought for 700 bucks. I found a 70 nova for a friend last week for 2300 and he's driving it, one of those little old lady cars. She owned it for 33 years and decided to get rid of it. 6 cyl power glide no options. My wife says after she sees the nova that If I could find a deal like that she would be interested. then I tell her that I did find that car and told my friend about it. So now im in a go find a project mood, but I have a 70 chevelle that really needs to be finished up. Im going to go look at the car, and if its decent I may just get it, or maybe not. At least I can say I looked at it. Jim

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks for the link. If it looks decent and I don't get it, I'll see if he minds if I post it on the classifieds here. I really think I should save my money and wait until I come across another chevelle. I've got a boatload of parts so building one would be really easy not to mention cheap. But still a chevy is a chevy. Jim

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Welcome to the site.Great people.Excellent knowledge and info.Good luck on your build.Up here we die to get those kind of finds,especially with the lack of rust!

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome and if you'd post that car on to this site I'm sure alot of guys would appreciate it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Jim Mac..You are a CARAHOLIC, man! You are the most wheelinist dealinist guy I have seen on Team Chevelle OR now here at Steves.. :D

Too bad that seat from your '71 Chevelle wouldn't have worked in my Nova. I asked you about it quite a few months ago when you were trying to give all those parts away on TC if you might remember. NO dice on that yet, still looking.

Hatchbacks are pretty cool, IMHO. I would say that $600 sounds like a good price. Maybe someone here can rescue it.

Welcome to the Nova board, BTW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts