Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my name is Rob, i bought a 75 nova hatchback, still has a inline 6 and nothing fancy, had it about 8 months now i guess, and trying to find time and money to work on it when i can, dont get me wrong it runs and drives fine but its only a six banger, its a turd, i can walk faster at the drag strip, the best run i had outta 7 passes was a 19.01, my s10 blazer stock runs 16s, but all in all im having fun. Well yesterday i was roaming around a local JY and found a beutiful set of 84 camaro seats in almost perfect condition and almost identical color to my nova interior( interior is shot, carpet falling apart, dash pad all cracked up) well the bench seat in my nova was ripped up and i really wanted buckets instead so i can put the shifter on the floor eventually. So i bought these seats for $60 came home and started to install them, i had to drill all new holes, had no problems at all on the passengers side, but when i got to the drivers side went to drill and drilled through what looks to be a fuel vapor return line(not sure). When i start the car up i dont see any gas running out so i believe its just the vapor return line. I got the seats in and they look great. The line i drilled through is in pretty bad shape and debating what size line i should replace it with, if anyone can give me any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated, thanks. glad to be a member here, hopefully I'll see a few of you around.

·
5,213 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Replace the line with a steel line of the same size.
It could be a brake line, so you would need to bleed the brakes after replacing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the welcome, dont believe its a brake line as i dont see any brake fluid running all over the place when i drive back and forth in the drive way and apply the brakes?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
welcome to SNS! glad to know ya tagged along, sounds like you got some of those small, annoying problems as well. either way, glad to have ya with us!

:pics:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Well at least you won't get any speeding tickets!:rolleyes::D

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx 4 the welcome all, well i had the day off work so i crawled underneath and figured out where it was going, it comes off the black canister on the drivers side under the hood and runs back to the gas tank, bought new line and replaced it and went to tackle the squeaking brakes and found that the last owner had used cheap brake pads and they were cracked all up, so i replaced them and im getting ready to go take it out on a test run to see if that solved the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heres a few pictures of how it looked when i bought it. ill try to take some pictures of it tonight, havent really changed much on it yet!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts