Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have time reading in this forum but now i'm a registered user :) well i'm from Puerto Rico i'm 17 years and have a 1970 Nova I bought to my uncle six months ago for $500 and it become with a 6 in-line and at this moment me and my friends are swapping a 350 2-bolt sbc well is hard to do a car like this in this place because the shipping cost makes me headaches LoL! the past week I start to work part-time in KFC (i know sucks, but i'm in the university studying mechanical engineering and have no time to work) and I think finally I can finish my car I want to make drag racing in it but now is for have some fun, thanks for have a page like this!!

My english isn't the better but if anyone talks spanish here please help me!!

When i go back to my house I post some pics of the nova!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Hi, Glad to have know someone from Puerto Rico , I've never been there whats it like Lots of sun Rains all the time or what.. What kind of cars are on the road .
Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
128 Posts
Saludos Bebo

Yo tambien estoy en Puerto Rico (Guaynabo). Te intiendo cuando dice lo del "shipping" Yo llevo un poco mas de un año restaurando mi nova. En que parte de Puerto Rico vives?

Este site no tiene precio. Hay un monton de personas que tienen un conocimiento increible de estos carros y todo estan dispuesto a ayudar.

Bienvenido a Steves Nova Site.

Miguel

Hello Bebo

I too live in Puerto Rico. I understand what you mean when you say shipping is a pain in the *****. I've been restoring my nova for around one year now. What part of Puerto Rico do you live in?

This site is priceless, there are many people with an incredible amount of knowledge on these cars willing to help out.

Welcome to Steves Nova Site.

Miguel

·
Premium Member
20,539 Posts
Hi, Glad to have know someone from Puerto Rico , I've never been there whats it like Lots of sun Rains all the time or what.. What kind of cars are on the road .
Later Larry Mc
we have 3 or 4 members from Puerto Rico

·
Registered
128 Posts
To answer your question Larry the weather is very similar to say south fla. but without seasons. It's around 80*-90* at sea level around 10* less up in the mountains... year round. As far as rain or shine it depends what part of the island your at. There's a dry forest (almost like a desert) and a rain forest (U.S. National parks only rain forest) less than 50 miles fron each other. The island is small something like 100 miles by 75 miles. The south tends to be drier. Theres a mountain range that runs through the middle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome!!

Pueso yo soy de Salinas pero actualmente me hospedo en Rio Piedras porque estudio en la UPR y trabajo en Plaza Las Americas, que bueno saber que aqui tambn hay puertorrique~os!! :D:D

Here in Puerto Rico all we can see are imports like hondas and toyotas with jdm looks and stuff like this, this is why my pals jokes about my nova but I don't care because it is the american muscle power!! :D:D

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Welcome to the site. Glad to see American Muscle cars in all parts of the world.:cool:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, don't worry about your job, at least your giving the effort to earn your way, good for you!:yes:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Thanks for getting back & letting me know/// WHAT's it's like /// Now, I hate asking but ( How & where ) do you find parts . Just can't run down the street can you . What is the oldest car you see on the road ',
. Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Then my welcome is 4 years late! Welcome bebo-junker! From Ontario Canada!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS , :waving:

GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
:welcome: to Steve's Nova Site!! Glad to have you here even if you have not posted anything new in the last 4 years.. BUT................

:worthless:

:pics: of your 70 Nova!!

:ragtop:

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
4 years...
I like that!:yes::yes::D

So me to then my welcome is late!

I've been to Puerto Rico a couple of times but only to fly in and get on a cruise ship...
Love that island!

Well if your still here what's new?

Mark

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bienvenido/Welcome!

Bienvenido al site. Yo vivo en PA pero criado en Cayey. Yo tuve mi primer Nova en la escuela superior (un 63 SS). Ahora tengo uno del 66 y estoy montando un 350 para ponerselo (tengo el 327 que le saque guardado). Ya esta casi listo y lo tengo en el Dyno para prenderlo este fin de semana (mira la foto). Mucha suerte con tu projecto y si tienes preguntas, este el el sitio!

Welcome to the site. I live in PA but grew up in Cayey. I had my first Nova in High School (a 63 SS). Now I own a 66 and I'm building a 350 to put in it (have the 327 in storage). It's almost done and it's mounted on the Dyno to test this weekend (look at pic). Good luck with your project and if you have any questions... this is the site!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts