Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site and just wanted to say hi. I have already found a bunch of upgrades and tips for the 4th gens thanks to this GREAT site. I have two 75 pontiac ventura sj hatchbacks both blue and white with white interiors. One will get a 6.0 ls and 4l80e and the other will probably get a 350. As soon as my dads el camino is done I will get started, just collecting parts needed right now. Will post pics when I can dig them out of the garage.

·
Registered
112 Posts
New to the site and just wanted to say hi. I have already found a bunch of upgrades and tips for the 4th gens thanks to this GREAT site. I have two 75 pontiac ventura sj hatchbacks both blue and white with white interiors. One will get a 6.0 ls and 4l80e and the other will probably get a 350. As soon as my dads el camino is done I will get started, just collecting parts needed right now. Will post pics when I can dig them out of the garage.
Welcome :salute:

Louisville eh? I live like 20 mins away from you.

and sounds cool man.

Yeah we like pics here lol.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome to the site. I am in Northern KY just below Alexandria. This is a great site. If you ever need help, just yell!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I'm sure some help will be needed down the road. Yes dlezama white interiors look good, but mine have just about turned to dust, I recently picked up a set of good panels (thanks to this site and socalconcours77) for one car.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm sure some help will be needed down the road. Yes dlezama white interiors look good, but mine have just about turned to dust, I recently picked up a set of good panels (thanks to this site and socalconcours77) for one car.
Yeah, for some reason black plastics are the strongest, and white and light blue just turn into dust. But careful dyeing, or painting with base lacquer and matte clear will allow you to recycle other colors. Use adhesion promoter before any dyeing or repaint. Does wonders. There is also a very strong white plastic primer in cans, you may want to try that, my interiors are red and black so I decided against, but it might work well for you. Also be prepared for extensive touchups after reassembly, and a relatively careful use of the interior.

Parts prone to heavy use (such as seatbelt clips or seatbelt pods), you might want to paint using the matching color.

Also remember to match the original white, its a slightly creamy, off-white. Sometimes its easy to assume they were originally pure white but no. Keep in mind to repaint the interior of the hatch same white, too, in a satin finish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts