Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow junkies, Looking forward to finishing my baby. Its been too many years since I started. This site is really getting me motivated again. Great to follow the forums and great rides. My ride will be totally redone from top to bottom. I am now working on the wiring and interior. Slow going as I took it apart nearly 15 years ago. Long before my sumtimers kicked in. Thank god for assembly manuals. At least I did not bail on it as a basket case. Thanks for the kick in the butt.
My SS will be better than new sporting a warmed up 66 nova 283ci with the original glide. What I love the most are the original colors, Dark marine aqua ext. with light blue aqua int, and a white top. Enough yakking, time to get to work.
PS, does anyone have good photo of the original power top switch. I can't find a correct picture of one. I have a switch from a 63 impala but I think the Nova switch is different. Thanks Randy

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Welcome to SNS. The switch you are looking far is hard to find and the cost is quite high. If you search this site for power top switch you will find a picture of it. I think yellowbeard is the one that has one. You could pm him if you are interested.

·
13,712 Posts
Always good to have another 63 SS convertible guy on board. Is your car a Canadian or U.S. build?

Bob

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Another topless Canuck!!:eek::D

Welcome to the site!:yes:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Welcome to Steve's. Lots of good stuff here.

·
13,712 Posts
My car was made in Oshawa Ont. I am trying to post a few pics but I seem to be having some trouble. I will try again.
I think you have a pretty rare car, Randy. My GM Canada numbers (thanks, Slab:)) indicate just 1759 Nova convertibles built at Oshawa in 1963. There is no breakdown on how many had the SS option, but even at 50% that's fewer than 900 cars. In addition, I don't know that I've ever seen a 63 SS convertible in Marine Aqua.
Bob

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
:welcome::waving: TO SNS, TON OF FUN HERE, PLENTY OF EXPERT ADVICE, KNOWLEDGE, AND KNOW HOW. SO JUST DIVE IN ON ANY TOPIC, REMEMBER :pics:
HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK!
:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts