Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FNG here from St. Louis. I just picked up my first real Nova( I had a 69 Roller once before but it never saw the road) Its a 70 2door. I have been a Mustang guy for pretty much all my life and still love them. I have always wanted a Nova and after selling my latest Mustang I decided to pull the trigger and find a Nova.

Well it didnt take long. Not even 24 hours after selling my Mustang I picked up my 70. It was love at first sight.

Its a street strip car , Dart pro1 headed 383, TH400 W/brake, Ford 9" w/ strange 3rd member 4.56, moser 33spline and spool, Ladder Bar rear w/ QA1 Coilovers, 29x12x15 Hoosiers. Its a mint green color and has hardly any rust.

Previous owner ran a best of 11.55, 1.60 60', at 114 mph.

I think with the right cam, intake, carb, and converter it would be a solid 10 second car. Right now its got a solid flat tappet with a dual-plane intake and a junk 750 dp. The converter is a TCI super street fighter.

I am thinking custom solid roller, victor jr intake, Pro-Systems carb and a converter from Ultimate Converters and I'll be in the 10's.

I'm looking forward to contributing to the board. I'll post some pics as soon as I get some:usa:

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Welcome to the site. I guess I'll be keepin an eye out for that bad boy at the strip huh? Let us know when your headin there.

·
Premium Member
8,050 Posts
I'm over in Swansea, IL just about 15 miles from Gateway Raceway. We have quite a few members from the area.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Welcome neighbor! What part of the St Louis area are you in?? I'm in Cottleville, just south of St Peters....

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Welcome to the place. I like your ride I especially like the color.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the place. I like your ride I especially like the color.
I do to. I have always been a sucker for the 60's/70's green cars. My dad had a 67 Galaxie 500 that was kinda this color green with a black vinal top. Its always stuck with me.

Hello to all the Ill and Mo peeps:D
I'm in House Springs just about 20 minutes south of St. Louis.

I need to change my profile but House Springs MO wont fit. Time to abreiviate.

Thanks for the welcome guys!!!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Look up a few posts ^^^^ 2novacars is in House Springs too. He has it in his profile - you can do the same thing.....:yes::yes::yes::D

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new ride!

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Im pretty sure there's a youtube video on your car with the previous owner spinning the tires in his driveway! lemme see if i can find it and if its the same car but in the mean time welcome to steves and thats a good lookin ride you got there!

Haha found it! or did i??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW2U1lRYiAg&feature=related

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
That's gotta be the same car. Kind of a strange color combo - I think thats the one. Friggin thing sounds GOOD though...:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
1977 Concours 454
56 Posts
Welcome to the site, I am over in Brighton, IL

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Welcome! All of us Mo-IL people need to get something going. I run (and neglect) the http://www.stlnovas.com website, but Pete and Mary have retired from the car club scene, so the St. Louis Nova Club is out of commission for the time being. All it takes is someone with the time and the will to do it though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts