Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of these wheels/tires??

17" Cragar Silver softs with 245/40 Sumitomo's on the front and 275/40 on the rear. I have rec'd TONS of positive comments and these wheels were CHEAP. I think I paid about $70 each new from Summit and the tires were around $85 each (Z rated). I did the whole thing for around $700

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Those look pretty good for the cost, nice idea for big wheels and Z tires, you could even paint them too. I like!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't have to make any modifications, but with people in the back seat the passenger side rubs on bumps. On my car the rear end is skewed to the pass side by 1/2 an inch. The wheels are 5.5 BS on 17x9 rears and 4.5 BS on 17x8 fronts. These are stock sizes for those rims, so no special ordering or anything.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Looks great, just a little lower and it would be perfect.

I saw an Impala locally with 20" steel wheels. On that car I must admit I'm a fan.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been thinking of doing the lowering thing, but the headers (you can see them in the first picture - I have the wheel wells removed so you can see the chrome headers) are only about 2-3" off the ground right now. I hit them over speed bumps already

·
Registered
48 Posts
I like the wheels, but the tire is too low of a profile for my taste...maybe 16's with taller sidewall? Your's still look cool...especially for the $$$$

1 - 10 of 10 Posts