Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a really good deal on some American TT II's but it seems that the standard 3 3/4" backspacing won't work with my 70. Anybody else have this problem? Do those wheels even come in other backspaces? I'm cooked!

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Greetings,

I'd take the wheels off and do some measuring...see exactly how much room you have in your wheelwell. Have the outer wheelhousings been replaced somewhere along the way? That could account for the lack of space. Measuring is the key...Doesn't take long and can save a costly mistake.

Jason

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
wont work in the back they will hit the quarter panel,unless they are maybe
5" wide..im guessing that its a 7" wide rim

you got a good deal cuz someone special ordered that size and cancelled..every 17x7 on ebay is cheap cuz its a std rim with 4" bsp, and the 8" wide rim comes with a std of 4.75" bs

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
These are 15 X 8 rims, I checked in Jegs and it seems 3 1/2 is the standard b/s.
I have 8" rallies on there now with 4.5 b/s and 275/60/15 tires. I have a slight rubbing problem but not enough to scrape any rubber off the sidewalls or anything. I guess my choice is to flip them or have them fixed by one of those wheel guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts