Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think I've ever seen a 1963 trunk molding used on a hood, but here's one. The result leaves a huge gap under the hood lip, which appears to have been filled with a polished filler piece attached to the top of the grill. The whole thing looks a little weird.

Bob

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
on my comp screen it looks like the trunk an hood an belt line trim is air brushed on.

·
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on my comp screen it looks like the trunk an hood an belt line trim is air brushed on.
Yes, the side trim for sure and on second glance, that hood and trunk trim could be air brushed, too. Good eye.

B.

·
Vendor
1,760 Posts
Holy cow! It is all painted on :oops: I have seen painted on body trim, but never the hood / trunk emblems. Looks like they even painted on chrome light reflection "twinkling" on the diecasts. Wonder if they were aware the hood used a different piece?

·
Super Moderator
3,833 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree. A lot of restored cars are a series of decisions, really. If the owner/builder made this decision, what other decisions might he or she have made that I would also disagree with or would be unacceptable to me?

Granted, it's a low bar, but one acid test would be would it be better to airbrush some trim on my car or do absolutely nothing on the paint surface. When doing nothing looks better, do nothing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts