Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have a technical question to ask. As you may know that there are 2 or more postings about the newer upper and lower tublar A-arms for the 62-67 novas. And with aftermarket companies that have the bracketry fabed up and ready for bolt on, which is better?

Welding the stock lower control arm with some plates or converting over to the "newer" control arms?

I was reading the new NNN and it showed the installation of the lower a-arm installation and in one of the pics, it showed the "cams" being utilized in this build-up. I thought that those were infamous for going out of allignment when you hit a pot-hole or something of that nature?

On my car, I converted over on a couple of things. One, I have the Loc-2 kit from Global West Suspension found here:

http://www.globalwest.net/62 67_nova.htm

And I am about ready to weld some plates to the bottom of my lower control arm. By doing this, is this enough for a weekend cruizer? Or is this yestedays news and I need to upgrade to the tublar control arms?

Plus, I might have gone a little too far as to the bushings for the strut rod assy. I went with POLY bushings instead of stock ones. Am I wrong about this assumption? Or should I convert back to the denser rubber ones like someone mentioned on this forum?

I know that I am all over the place on this one but if I am going to spend that much money on upper and lower a-arms, then I might as well convert the whole front end of the car.... (just my 2 cents)

All I am asking for is some answers from you guys that are the technical GURUs of this forum. Please educate me on the likes and dislikes of the aftermarket stuff and what I have in the car now.

Thanks
Dan

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
The lower a arm kit from cpp is supposed to be the cats meow.From reading nogo's writeup and all the rest of the guys who have done it.Its the way to go.Lets face it...even with the lock out kit(i have it too)the stock front suspension on 1st and 2nd gen nova's sucks:eek: I will be getting this kit too.You can't go wrong for $350.I've spent soooo much more then that having my 67 aligned over and over and over.Not to mention tire:eek: Even with the lock out kit my alignment is all over the place again:eek: I say buy the kit.bm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts