Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Folks!!

While I am new to this site and also new to Nova's I am sure not new to Hot Rods and such. My interest in cars has almost been with old stuff, can't count how many 20's and 30's cars I have owned, all modified in some way. Some mild and some pretty wild.

I am actually surprised that I bought this little Nova, But for whatever reason this little Red Car just reached out to me. It was an automatic car but right now it is going through it's first transformation, as I am installing a Borg Warner 4 speed. I am old school and just love a 4 speed car, never had any real desire for more gears than that.

I am going to have some questions for you folks hope you don't mind.

Roland

·
Registered
2,392 Posts

Very Nice looking 65 I have 3 -65= SS Well when it's all said & done I will have a Blue 4 speed car & a Red auto Hope to see & meet you soon
, Later Larry Mc

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Folks, Thanks for the welcome, it is much appreciated. The questions are coming as I delve into this little car, I just hope they ( the questions) arn't too stupid. But for now I'm just going to drive the wheels off of it while I decide what it is going to become.

I was out driving the country roads today. Driving is my most favorite thing. And thinking what I am going to do next just as soon as I get finished with this 4 speed changeover deal.

I was in my 46 Ford sedan and to be honest my biggest hope is that this little Nova is just half as much fun as that 46. I didn't drive this little car to much, just one day, before I decided I wanted to make it a 4 speed car. But in the short amount of driving I did with the Turbo 350 it was both fast and fun.

We will see should be finished with the swap this weekend, man its sure nice to have a spare Hot Rod when your working on the other one.

Once again -- Thanks for the welcome!!

Roland

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Welcome to the site! I read your post in the BS section too. Very nice. :yes: Enjoy the site and keep posting with us in the BS section!
You have a really nice looking Nova there too.
A couple more pics of the nice "non Nova toy" would be cool as well....My wife LOVES those things! :yes:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, you definitely seem to be a car guy!!:yes:

Nice rides!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Very nice toys! I saw the old 4x4 truck pic too. I love those things. You have lots of experience and will be a valuable member on the site!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Taz, Man that is the best compliment anyone could pay me, being a CAR GUY is important to me.

Racinginfan, I do have experiance, but man I'm old so I'm supposed to have it.
I hope, truly hope that I can be an asset and maybe, just maybe stumble on a right answer to a question from time to time.

Thanks Again Guys!!!

Roland

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,867 Posts
Welcome Roland...........Ric

1 - 14 of 14 Posts