Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pics of there truck and how they mounted cell and b/box? Also where did you put your battery switch?

Thanks in advance,
Denis

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
If you plan to race this car at a track where it will be inspected the mounting bolts or rods for the fuel cell should be 3/8 and the battery hold downs should be 1/2 inch. The cut off switch needs to be in the rear of the car and marked on and off. Hope that helps. RM

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm good with all that. Was just trying to get some ideas. Learning from others mistakes...:eek:

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
This is a 25 gal. tank I had made at work-I can still carry my tool box, a huge plastic tote full of spares, a fuel jug with race gas, and still have a few nooks and crannies to stuff small items. The mounting brackets used to look better, but I bent them around to lower the sump of the tank because I carry as little fuel as possible when racing. The battery is behind the right wheel-it sits on a tray from the auto parts store(no box) with 3/8" threaded rod thru the floor with large washers backing up both sides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts