Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my fellow car lovers! I’m new to the site and eager to learn any and everything I can about my nova. I acquired this car by trading a Suzuki Intruder vs800gl. She has 55,000 original miles on a numbers matching block! I’ve done the little things I was confident enough to do. Then took on the task of carb rebuild. Took me 3 days! But got it all together. After installation the car doesn’t wanna run unless I give it gas??? Not sure if I connected the vac or fuel lines incorrectly??

·
Registered
200 Posts
Welcome Jay. I'm assuming you have a 77. As far as you're carb rebuild, sorry I can't help there. Haven't rebuilt one in about 5 years. However, more info on your car would help guys to give you more accurate advice. What engine, tranny, carb and as always, pics are nice.

Congrats on becoming a Nova owner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It’s a 1977 nova concourse 5.0 305, Rochester 2Jet 2gc carb I believe. Three speed auto. Th300 I think. 8.5 rear. (Looking to put in a locker, or limited slip diff before spring) it’s a numbers match car w. 55,000 miles on her. Need some work but everything is Solid. The frame/sub frame are in Amazing shape. Practically no rust. A few surface spots on the body. All rockers. Floor panels, trunk. Etc. 0 rust. Interior still clean w. No ripps. 8track still plays. Lol. I’m looking to do a full custom build. But I’m no mechanic. So there will b lots of Learning. And I’m down for that. Just looking for the best guidance I can get to achieve my goals. And do it as cheap as possible yet still have quality!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :horse: Pics?

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,487 Posts
Welcome to the site!
The first thing to do is make sure the idle screw is set correctly.

Be sure to recheck your float level in the fuel bowl of the carburetor. If the float is set too high, it could flood the engine with too much gas... causing the motor to bog and stall.

If one of the larger vacuum ports on the carburetor is left open on the carb (PCV valve port, power brakes port), it could cause a "lean" situation that would stall the engine.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Welcome to SNS

ask your questions and find some answers …… easy as that , Bingo

…………………………… or ……………………….

NPHNP

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
jay....welcome to the nova site from another michigan nova owner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts